Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
As a Logistics & DistributionSenior Consultant in the Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Practice, you will actively prioritize and manage the following key activities and responsibilities.
- Participate in best-in-class Logistics & Distribution assessments and transformations
- Lead small, collaborative engagement teams through the development and the implementation of Logistics & Distribution strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative recommendations to address client issues basedon an understanding of the client business and industry
- Identify opportunities, author client deliverables and present findings at the senior client level
- Work collaboratively with client personnel, leveraging their resources and knowledge to achieve project goals and complete deliverables on-time
- Build strong relationships with client counterparts and key stakeholders
- Provide clear and concise status updates and assist the leadership team with managing project risks
- Mentor and support junior resources on engagements
- Drive the development of proposals to assist clients in improving their supply chain performance
- Continuously improve professional skills through a variety of Deloitte and external training courses
- Participate infirm recruiting events to help the practice attract highly talented team members
External Posting Qualifications
- 4-6 years of Logistics &Distribution related work experience
- Project-based experience is an asset
- Previous consulting experience, as an internal or external consultant,is preferred
- Experienced in Supply Chain Assessments, Business ProcessImprovement, Transportation Sourcing and familiarity to relevant supporting supply chain technologies e.g. WMS/TMS/Order Management and Inventory Planning tools
- Solid understanding of Transportation, Planning, Execution, Freight Settlement, Network Design, Supply Chain Strategy, Warehouse Operations &Optimization, and experience with LTL, TL and Rail modes of transport
- Candidates with experience in import/export would be preferred
- Strong ytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with pressing deadlines and constantly changing client needs and conditions
- Proven ability to deliver project management accountabilities in a cross functionalenvironment
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communication, and facilitation of decision making, do entation, managing expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long term, multifunctional impact of all decisions and take a broadapproach to problem solving
- MBA or P. Eng. designation is highly desirable
- Candidates from Consumer & Industrial Products, Life Sciences andManufacturing companies would be preferred
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Extensive travel in Canada and USA may be required
Get your careeroff to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves furtherto find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte,we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point intheir career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach andnetwork, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte,always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’sall possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deepunderstanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve bothtoday’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Wethank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/16747-en_US/senior-consultant-logistics-distribution-supply-chain-manufacturing-operations