Business information: we are a company offering adventure, tourism and lodging in the northwestern part of BC on the banks of the salmon-rich Skeena River. We offer outstanding fishing experience and heli-skiing experience along with comfortable and high-quality lodging.
Business address: 6167 Chimdemash Frontage Rd., Terrace, BC, V8G 0A8
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
• Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
• Recruit and hire staff
• Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
• Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several restaurants
• Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• yze operating costs and other data
• Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
• Requisition food and kitchen supplies
• Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods; cook European and Canadian meals
• Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
• Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
• Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
• Create new recipes
• Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
-Education: Completion of secondary school is required
-Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience as chef is required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience as chef then Cook's trade certification or equivalent credentials, training and experience, are required.
The recruitment process will include the candidate proving the ability to plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of our specialty foods.
- Must have knowledge and experience in operating and overseeing all aspects of the kitchen
- As most of the clients are European, the candidate must be specialized in European cuisine.
- Food Safe certification is an asset
- Speaking English, , Spanish and/or German is an asset to communicate with the clients who are 95% Europeans
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 hourly – 30-50 hours per week
Benefits: Uniforms, meals, transportation and 15% merchandise discount are provided.
-Flexibility in schedule is required. Split shifts that can be anytime between 7:00am to 7:00pm (from breakfast to dinner time) in the week or the weekend. 1 day off per week on a rotational basis. 10 to 12 hours per day are required. The shifts and working days will depend according to the business needs and the guests’ needs. Extra hours may be required.
-The executive chef will have to supervise up to 3 people.
-The executive chef will specialize in European and Canadian cuisine.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: PO Box 1046, Stn. Main, Terrace, BC, V8G 4V1
Location: Same as above