Classification: Assisted Living Worker 1 (Relief)
Grid 8 - $18.39 – $20.11 per/hr
Start Date Ongoing
Reports to: Manager of Care
Shift Times 0800-1600, 1600-2400, 2400-0800, weekend shifts 0800-2000, 2000-0800 must be available for all shifts.
Reporting to the Manager of Care, the Mental Health Worker is responsible for supporting residents with mental health concerns to live in the community. The Mental Health Worker supports and assists residents in learning activities of daily living; personal hygiene, housekeeping, making and keeping appointments, maintaining appropriate do entation and administering and topical medications following established policies and procedures. The Mental Health Worker will use role modelling and encouragement to assist residents in meeting their goals and supporting their recovery.
1. Assists residents to develop life skills such as maintaining personal hygiene, housekeeping, planning and preparing meals and keeping appointments as identified by individual care plans.
2. Assists residents with activities and programs as directed by the Resident Coordinator.
3. Administers and topical medications following established policies and procedures.
4. Observes residents and their environment. Do ents and reports any unsafe conditions or changes in the residents’ mental health condition or behaviour to the Manager of Care.
5. Participates and encourages residents to participate in planned programs and activities both in-house and in the community.
6. Accompanies residents on scheduled outings and appointments when necessary.
7. Assists with resident care planning by providing feedback to Resident Coordinator regarding behaviour, progress and potential problems.
8. Completes and maintains records related to resident care such as medication records and progress notes.
9. Perform housekeeping duties in the residence such as washing dishes, laundry, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning and dusting.
10. Performs minor maintenance tasks as required to maintain the residence.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from Grade 12
Certificate as a Community Mental Health Worker or 6 months of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
First Aid and CPR certification
Union membership is required
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Ability to work effectively with others
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with residents, families and staff
Ability to demonstrate and teach independent living skills
Ability to organize work
Basic Computer skills
Location: North Vancouver, Vancouver