PeaceHealth is seeking a
Lab Assistant : O/P Phlebotomy : Lynden Center (Part:Time) for a
0.5 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
***This position will be working 40 hours a week for the first 90 days.***
PeaceHealth Labs : with 12 testing laboratories serving communities in Alaska, Washington and Oregon, our extensive network of services and facilities in the Pacific Northwest consistently receives national recognition. More than 900 caregivers and 27 patient service centers throughout the Pacific Northwest. One of a select number of laboratories nationwide to earn the Molecular Center of Excellence designation by Roche Diagnostics, indicating its expertise in performing diagnostic testing on a molecular and genomic level..
Bellingham : PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in 1891, is a not:for:profit tertiary care hospital providing comprehensive specialty care in northwest Washington. The medical and technology resources of PeaceHealth, combined with the caring atmosphere of a community hospital and centers of excellence in cardiovascular, cancer, spine, and joint replacements ensure patients receive exceptional medicine and compassionate care. 2015 Achievement Level Award, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Works collaboratively with all healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the organization. May perform phlebotomy services, specimen collection/handling, utilize knowledge of department procedures and computerized Lab Information Systems (LIS), and support patients with information and direction utilizing laboratory services. Assists lab staff with delivering patient care, distributing lab results and reports, and operation of laboratory equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : May perform a variety of the following job functions:
1. Prepares, delivers, and picks up items in accordance with health and safety regulations and laboratory policies to insure specimen integrity, quality patient care, and caregiver safety.
2. Collects and labels specimens for requested testing, processes specimen according to established guidelines and completes do entation for the specimen.
3. Performs data entry of patient demographics and tests ordered. Performs all paperwork, technical, and nontechnical procedures required to process and submit specimens.
4. Receives, handles, sorts, processes, or packages specimens.
5. Receives and makes telephone calls and uses computer terminal and reference guides to provide information and answer questions from clients and patients, regarding specimen requirements, test results and other client requests.
6. Performs waived testing as assigned. Recognizes abnormal results and follows up as defined in standard operating procedures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Lab Assistant : Phlebotomist
*Following established standards and practices, the Phlebotomist instructs patients in the procedure for collection of specimens, collects specimens and performs simple laboratory procedures
Valid drivers license for driving positions. This position may require driving.
*High school diploma or equivalent
*Phlebotomy training or experience may be required or preferred for some positions.
*Prior clinical laboratory experience preferred.
*WA State: Medical Assistant : Phlebotomy Certification within 120 days of hire.
*HIV/AIDS training within the first 90 days of employment.
*Able to approach, communicate and positively interact with patients and health care professionals while perf
Location: Fraser Valley, lynden