At Rogers, we recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these e shared values guide and define our work:
:Simplify and innovate
:Take ownership of the what and the how
:Equip people to succeed
:Execute with discipline and pride
:Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant digital future for Canadians. We work as one team, with one goal :serve our customers better.
The Data Centre Technician (DCT) is the initial point of customer contact at the Data Centre and is responsible for ensuring the data centre and building are maintained in a professional and secure manner. This position is responsible for delivering a high level of customer satisfaction on all interactions. The DCT will be the first responder and primary point of contact for incidents in the data centre. This position reports to the Data Centre Manager.
The DCT will be primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring the property, both internally and externally, is secure and properly protected for tenants and clients.
- Ensuring building and data centre security access cards are properly maintained, distributed and used.
- Providing effective surveillance monitoring of both base building and data centre areas.
- Setup new services such as colocations, cross connects, rack and stack devices.
- Ensuring all receiving is performed, recorded and announced in an accurate and expedient manner.
- Providing accurate and thorough site inspections and walk:throughs.
- Performing timely and concise escalation and exception reporting describing incidents outside of normal operating policy.
- Acting as primary point of contact for Operations Centre and Facility Management staff during a site incident
- Supporting Operations Centre and Facility Management staff as smart hands and eyes during a site incident
- Ensuring emergency responders are escorted to critical areas
- Overseeing emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of staff, tenants and customers
- Demonstrating strong shift turnover and peer communication practices
- Contributing to process do entation for all functions.
- Contributing to monthly reporting requirements by 4th workday each month.
- Assisting with tape handling, suite inspection and other "remote hands" services, as required
- Assisting with client on:boarding functions, as required.
- Maintaining a tidy, professional, and unobstructed work environment including customer accessible areas such as lobby, loading dock, etc.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Utilize effective listening and communication skills
- Provide strong coaching to other Service Desk members and promote team challenges and achievements.
- Meet or exceed established Service Desk and/or individual goals of customer satisfaction.
- Gain level of comfort working with and amongst data centre infrastructure equipment.
- Identify and report to the Data Centre Manager any situations or client concerns that would improve quality or mitigate risk.
- Engage in continuous learning opportunities.
- Work calmly in high pressure situations.
- Take responsibility for one's own high performance in all areas of job function.
- Investigate problem situations accurately, thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Fluent English and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem:solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to build rapport with co:workers and clients