Your ideas move people.
At Bombardier, our employees on e continents work together to move the world forward, one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we will provide you with an environment where it can grow into a unique product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Senior Advisor, Accounting Policies
Based at the Corporate Office in Montreal Downtown, you will report to the Director, Accounting Policies.
As a professional, you will contribute to the overall success of a small team responsible for ensuring the Corporation's financial reporting complies with IFRS as well as preparation of the annual and quarterly MD and A.
In your role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the selection of the Corporation's accounting policies under IFRS including:
o Monitoring new IFRS developments that impact the Corporation's consolidated financial statements;
o Preparing impact assessments of new IFRS standards and developing recommendations; and
o Preparing presentations for senior management.
- Assist business units in the interpretation and application of accounting rules, as well as prepare and provide training in the application of IFRS when required;
- Conduct ysis under IFRS for complex transactions and provide accounting advice on special initiatives of the Corporation;
- Participate in the planning, coordination and preparation of the Management's Discussion and ysis (MD and A);
- Monitor Canadian Securities Administrators CSA developments that impact the Corporation's MD and A and prepare do entation explaining upcoming changes;
- Perform benchmark ysis vis:à:vis industry peers to monitor alignment of the Corporation's financial reports with industry trends and best practices;
As our ideal candidate:
- You possess a minimum of seven to ten (7:10) years of relevant professional experience in a multinational company or in a large accounting firm;
- You possess a CPA Auditor, CA designation with strong knowledge of IFRS;
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills in both and English and an ability to prepare presentations tailored for senior executives;
- You possess excellent business a en;
- You demonstrate strong team spirit, leadership and ability to work autonomously;
- You possess strong impact and influence skills to obtain buy:in from stakeholders and to mobilize the organization;
- You demonstrate strong capacity to work under pressure and under tight deadlines in a complex environment.
- You have advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Experience or knowledge of a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset;
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer.
If this position interests you, please apply online at careers.bombardier.
Bombardier employees interested in this job opening must also apply online indicating their current employee status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position qualifies for the Global Employee Referral Program. The associated bonus is 1,100 CAD.
File Ref. Number: S:CAN:1095
Posted on October 3, 2016
Job: Financial Statement Reporting
Primary Location: CA:QC:Montreal Downtown
Organization: Corporate Office
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 05.10.2016, 10:33:01 AM
19.11.2016, 10:59:00 PM
Location: CA:QC:Montreal Downtown