PeaceHealth is seeking a
Patient Access Representative : Admitting for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Variable shift with shift durations of
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre:certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre:visit services.
1. Pre:registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. Upon registration, address co:pay, co:insurance, for scheduled appointment/procedure, etc.
2. Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
3. Stays current with insurance requirements.
4. Responds to customers inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
5. Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
6. Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
7. May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
: High School diploma or equivalent required.
: One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
: Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD:10 coding preferred.
: Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
: Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
: Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
: Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
: Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the
Ketchikan, AK community our homepage: peacehealth/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three:minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Hourly compensation starts at: