GUEST SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (GSR)
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide : one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a member of the Bombardier Services Americas team, we have an exciting opportunity for you to work onboard the Union Pearson Express Trains as a Guest Services Representative. The Union Pearson Express will connect the countrys two busiest transportation hubs, Toronto Pearson International Airport and Union Station in downtown Toronto, with each one way trip taking approximately 25 minutes. This service will be starting up in time for the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games in summer 2015. The service will combine the easy convenience of rail travel with graceful design and superior service.
As a Union Pearson (UP) Express Guest Services Representative (GSR) you will be accountable for all Guest Services activities on:board trains and at stations. You will ensure that guests are consistently provided with the highest quality experience while traveling on the UP Express.You will deliver various guest services activities and provides guests with information and answers to inquires. In addition, as a GSR you will ensure care and control of all GSR:related equipment (i.e. fare validator), lost and found articles, or other products used to carry out your job.
A detailed job description will be discussed with candidates as part of our recruitment process. A summary of key duties and responsibilities is outlined herein:
- Greeting guests and providing assistance to guests in a manner that brings the UP brand to life.
- Promoting and maintaining exceptional guest services at stations, platforms and on:board trains at all times
- Validating tickets primarily while on:board the train and providing ticketing point:of:sale
- Providing information to guests and the appropriate handling of baggage and lost and found articles with a high degree of focus to offering guests an exceptional and memorable service experience
- Opening and closing stations and selling locations, as required with a high degree of focus on schedule adherence
- Providing information to guests including routes, schedule planning and costs for both UP Express related travels, and connections with taxis, TTC, GO Transit, and VIA Rail: with a view to offering customers a seamless guest experience and an impression of world class concierge services
- Directs guests to appropriate resources (websites, tourism offices) for inquiries related to city events/attractions : as GSRs you will be champions for the city and all related activities that leave an impression of a warm welcome or goodbye from a world class city, with a world class train ride experience
- Keep customers absolutely current with information by way of on:board announcements in a professional and courteous tone, with some personality added to leave a lasting impression.
- Handle customers with special needs, accessible needs in accordance with policies and training
- Respond to medical and other emergencies with a high degree of focus on continued high levels of service and communication to customers
- Act as a on:site representative during emergencies and other exigent situations, ensuring customer needs and safety are kept at the forefront of all activities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF EFFORT
Must be mentally and physically fit when reporting for duty and not under the influence of drugs cohol. Must be prepared to work variable, elongated, and split shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- - Minimum 3 years' experience in delivering guest service, cash handling, and dealing directly with guests and the general public.
- Possess a Valid Driver's G Licenc