The Account Manager role will have direct responsibility for business development, sales, and account management within the carrier community within their targeted geography.
This role will have explicit responsibility for collaborating with both internal and external resources to create saleable and supportable solutions within the carrier domain. These efforts will be primarily focused on the following:
- Developing relationships and educating the carrier community on the overall value of Verizon’s platforms, services, and applications
- Tracking competitive trends and disruptive movements within the marketplace
- Driving towards quantitative and qualitative performance goals
- Coordinating with other Verizon commercial teams (e.g., AOL, VDMS)
- Setting high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages and the Verizon Global Product value proposition
- Creating strategic and tactical sales plans that help guide the product development and engineering teams
- Meeting assigned sales quotas by acquiring new custo usiness and renewing and growing existing relationships
- Calling on prospective customers, providing technical and administrative product information, demonstrations, and price quotes
- Accurately forecasting and closing sales in alignment with company goals
The successful candidate will have significant experience across the following areas:
- A deep understanding account creation, account management, and network, platform, and service sales within the carrier domain
- Proven leadership executing and exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Ability to engage in C-Level account creation and account management
- A track record of driving significant account growth
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively internationally
This is a key account leadership position reporting directly to the Director of the Global Product Sales. This role is expected to interface extensively with many functions within the business including internal and external system architects, engineers, product managers, network operations leads and a variety of both business and technical organizations spanning both Verizon’s and the customer’s enterprise.
This position requires a unique skillset and extensive background in core areas of business, telecom, and IT functions, and requires proven experience with international business engagements.
- 8 + years of sales account experience with a demonstrated record of success, across a broad set of disciplines: network, platforms, applications and big data.
- Experience selling to the Tier 1 carriers, both domestic and international
- Deep understanding of account creation, account management, and network, platform, and service sales within the carrier domain.
- Solutions sales mentality in an environment with multiple products and services; solutions sales experience with cloud, virtualization, middleware, and emerging technologies is an advantage
- Solid understanding of complete sales cycle management, from prospecting to closing
- Experience building partner/VAR relationships
- Proven experience selling and supporting the deployment of large, complex systems in a telecom environments, data centers and edge locations
- Knowledge of current industry trends in hardware, software, open source projects and experience deploying, operating and maintaining systems that employ these technologies
- Develops policies and procedures for assigned sub function(s)tasks are multiple and diverse, work requires interpretation to ensure appropriate application.
- Proficient in engaging and influencing large teams and executive leaders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills