NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY
You are passionate leader and you feel like this could be an asset to our team? Make a difference in a company that will allow you to shine.
Gardaworld is one of the leading Security Solutions companies in Canada. We provide risk management solutions for our clients with a team of security professionals who are highly experienced and qualified.
Gardaworld is currently hiring a Supervisor in Edmonton for our Cash Logistics business line:
Reporting to the manager of operations, your duties will include:
* Plan, organize and manage the work of unionized employees within the CBA to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements
* Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints
* Serve as contact persons for all workers within assigned territories
* Implement schedule and policy changes
* Collaborate with other supervisor and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
* Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations
* Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, and meeting with individual staff members
* Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets
* Direct and coordinate the activities of the operations department in order to obtain use of equipment, facilities, and human resources
* Conduct investigations, when necessary, in cooperation with internal or external agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures
* Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as material handling, employee orientation, quality improvement and computer use
* Participate in disciplinary process or settlements of grievances
* Monitor and audit employee and company compliance with current legislation
* Experience in administration and management of unionized employees
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
* Good knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
* Be driven by customer and personal service
* Firearm training / license: If none, contingent of passing all necessary security clearance + courses provided.
* Strong capacity to manage unionized employees
* Must be prepared to carry a firearm at all time while on duty
* Experience in Cash Services or parcel delivery services an asset
* Able to work unsupervised and to direct other employees
* Have good credit and no criminal convictions
* Be able to work within a 24/7 environment
* Very good sense of leadership, structuring, execution, negotiation and judgment
* Strong teamwork and partnership orientation
* Sense of urgency, outstanding communication and problem solving
* Strong critical thinking and active listening
* Good decision making skills
Successful applicants will undergo aptitude testing, medical screening and full investigative background checks that will include criminal, credit, past employment and personal reference checks.
Thank you for your interest for GardaWorld however we will only communicate with the selected candidates.
GardaWorld welcomes and encourages applications from qualified women, men, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
Interested? Join our workforce
for this position or view other job opportunities the "careers" page of our website at garda/careers.