Job Type:Temporary ContractPrimary Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations:Calgary
External Posting Description
This contract position (based in Calgary) develops and executes the regional strategic marketing plan forDeloitte’s Prairie Region. Working with the regional managing partner and other local leaders, this role is to be a strategic advisor for marketingand communications for 5 regional markets, supporting and activating national programs in the region and ensuring that marketing activity is aligned with the other marketing and sales support activity in the region including those of the account developers, and national pursuit team.
Reporting to the Director, Field Marketing, the senior marketing manager is self-motivated, energetic, driven for success and results oriented. You will be expected to work closely with the regional managing partner and various leaders and practitioners across multiple service lines including: Audit, Consulting, Enterprise Risk Services, Financial Advisory and Tax. You will recommend strategies for elevating Deloitte’s presence and strengthening the firm’s brand and to realize business objectives, and support the growth of the Prairie Region practice.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and work with the Marketplace leaders to plan and execute a full complement of marketing initiatives to drive growth and enhance marketpositioning, which may include:
- Evaluating national programs and recommending campaigns and activities that will drive value in the market, creating a local marketing plan and support strategy
- Ensuring alignment of local go-to-market priorities with national strategy and priorities – advising leadership in the region and marketplace when conflict arises
- Leading the execution of the initiatives outlined in the marketing plans including working oncampaigns and activities to support lead generation and build the brand
- Surface, evaluate and where agreed design and execute events geared toward client education, relationship building and revenue growth including, but not limitedto client roundtables, conferences, and seminars
- Track, monitor, and evaluate integrated marketing activities and accomplishments
- Collaborate/Coordinate with appropriate regional resources, including subject matter specialists, service area leaders, client service professionalsand various shared services, to manage their involvement in marketing/marketplace activities.
- Execute and/or leverage integrated marketing programs
- Work with account development, pursuits marketing delivery, content strategy other members of the marketplace services extended team of marketing colleagues (functional and regional) to deliver programs in the region.
- Contribute innovative marketing ideas and solutions that support long term growth of theMarketplace offices
- Develop and maintain overall marketing budget and utilize sound marketing methods to ensure programs are implemented cost-effectively and implemented to achieve desired goals for building revenue, relationships and reputation
- Champion a number of national initiatives including clientfeedback, and CRM adoption
- Provide day-to-day coaching of local marketing teams as required by marketing delivery.
- Contribute to national marketing leadership, management and geographic peer network.
- Consistently evaluate marketing activity and plan to realities in the market making adjustments as required.
- Stay current on digital marketing and other areas best practice in marketing.
- Minimum eight years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated marketing communications campaign programs designed to build relationshipsand revenue
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business
- Experience in a management role with direct reports
- Experience in developing marketing and communications strategies that arealigned to business strategy and sales
- Experience with the following marketing communications tactics:
- Conference/Event/Tradeshow management (world class marketing events)
- Thoughtware/Collateral/content production
- Direct mail/contact programs
- Media relations
- Internet communication
- Speaker's programs, and
- Internal communications
- Experience working and presenting to senior leaders and leadership teams
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- A commitment to flexible work hours and some travel
- Anunderstanding of market segmentation and customer relationship management/databases is required
- Ability to work and manage external suppliers is key
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Proven abilities with demandgeneration, lead tracking, and ROI
- Industry background in professional services is a definite asset
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter, independent and proactive
- Ability to develop, share and adopt innovative approaches and best practices,
- Strong project management skills. Must be detail oriented, organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, with ability to develop contacts
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (English required, would be an asset but not required)
As part of the recruitment process those selected will be required to provide employment references and complete a background check which includes a criminal check.
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte weare redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experiencethat empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work andto grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. With the power of ourglobal network and reach, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community. OnceDeloitte always Deloitte.
Lead yourself. Leada team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce.We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiterto ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only thosecandidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17897-en_US/senior-marketing-manager