Verizon is seeking a Sales Engineer responsible for supporting regional Sales Managers and Product Engineering, as well as Verizon distributors and channel partners, predominantly in the Canadian providences and territories.
The position is a customer-facing position that includes solution design, product presentations and demonstrations, as well as the technical architecting and implementation of a variety of Verizon products and solutions. These activities would take place remotely via web conferencing tools, as well as on-site at partner and customer premises within the region.
The Sales Engineer supports Verizon sales teams & channel partners while working independently with customers. It will require hands-on work during proof-of-concept engagements and product evaluations; as such, candidates should have a strong technical background and an exposure to both software and network integration.
The candidate will also work with regional sales personnel, product engineering, business development representatives and Verizon channel partners to assist in the pre-sales process and conduct follow-up as required. This work will involve the review of customer requirements, response to customer and/or partner inquiries including pre-sales bids, the review of customer architectures, on-site pre-sales meetings, presentations, and demonstrations. The role will also help engage the technical product engineering and project management of service integration with customers as they look to evaluate and architect Verizon products into their environments.
As a customer-facing role, interpersonal skills and a smart, professional appearance are paramount. The applicant must be proficient in the natively spoken language and cultures. The ability to clearly present detailed technical product data to decision makers and to be organized such that this can be backed up with reliable and timely follow-up material is a necessity. The candidate will be expected to develop and foster good technical relationships with customers, partners and colleagues to assist with sales as well as with customer satisfaction and retention.
The role will be split between office-based work and business travel and focused predominantly in the Sales Region. It is therefore necessary that the candidate is willing and able to travel throughout that region. It is expected that business travel would occupy approximately 50% of the working week. The ability to travel within the United States is also a requirement.
% of Time Spent
Sales and Product Support:
The Sales Engineer will provide technical support to the Sales and Product Development teams for new and existing products & services, and their integration into customer carrier networks globally.
- Establish a regional sales engineering process with the sales and product teams to provide pre-sales support for the Verizon product suite
- Establish yourself as an expert and develop deep knowledge of the products, industry, customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape
- Create and tell stories and use cases that inspire passion and amplify our product and thought leadership
- Present and demo Verizon products at industry events; create compelling videos, webcasts, visuals, and other sales materials to help audiences understand Verizon product capabilities and benefits
- Manage pre-sales responsibilities and develop customer opportunities; maintain accurate lead and account records adhering to all required processes and workflows
- Cultivate ongoing client relationships, be empathetic to client needs, and provide an outstanding customer experience
- Work with Verizon corporate communications to evangelize the Verizon product suite and actively participate in conversations in industry forums and technical communities
- Act as liaison between clients and internal teams to effectively communicate customer and project requirements
- Participate with leadership in the strategic development of initiatives to identify product and system enhancements which may improve client appeal, process flow, overall industry reputation, and financial performance
- Prioritize tasks to meet business goals, grow the client base, and complete other tasks as assigned in a timely and accurate manner
The Sales Engineer will establish and maintain positive relationship with Verizon end-customers as well as cross functional teams within Verizon’s Product, Sales and Networking organizations.
- Interface with customers, Product Development, Marketing/Sales and Engineering/Operations teams, to negotiate expectations and technical requirements of new business initiatives.
- Work closely with Product Development on long term evolution of the platforms and services in order to adequately facilitate technical discussions with Verizon end-customers.
- Ability to tactfully handle difficult situations when managing projects with global carrier representatives.
- Perform project management responsibilities to track and report progress of Verizon developed services within end-customer networks.
- Manage project pipelines to ensure that business commitments are met.
- Support team when resource conflicts arise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s Degree a plus
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in technical sales and product development
- Ability to work independently in a loosely structured environment, engaging other technical subject matter experts as needed for input is very important. Evaluating whether solutions are viable candidates to deploy in customer’s networks, and determining what solution roadmaps would be required to accomplish that task.
- Candidate must have extensive experience working with customers and technologists in extremely complex and diverse network environments. Evidence of a proven track record will be required.
- Proven record of explaining new product solutions - both the strategic benefits and practical use cases
- Demonstrated presentation and webcast/video recording expertise as well as sales material design skills. Mastery of PowerPoint, Visio, Excel and MS Word
- Experienced with multi-tiered applications, i.e. front end, middleware and database
- Experience with a variety of telecom and video technologies such as CMDA, 4G LTE, VoIP, Messaging, FiOS, IPTV, IoT, Telematics and datacenter technologies
- Experience with cloud based computing, SDN, NFV, Openstack, KVM, Container based VM’s and software as a service
- Experienced with technology standards and implementation strongly desired
- Reliable high-speed Internet access and must be available to travel as required up to 50% in supported region
- Must be able to communicate (verbally and written) in the language that is native to the assigned region
- Must be familiar with local customer and cultures native to the assigned region