As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND O ECTIVES:
As a QA Developer on the SAP Jam team, your work will span across our web, mobile, and desktop clients—from the client, to the application servers and to the database.
Do you want the satisfaction of knowing that your work makes a positive impact on over 34 million users across many large corporate clients?
Join our elite team that is working on cutting-edge, zero-downtime deployment engineering techniques for enterprise cloud systems.
The successful applicant will:
• Love building both beautiful web user interfaces and cloud computing systems that can scale to millions of users
• Learn quickly by jumping directly into code, making sense of it, and making solid changes with little or no supervision
• Perform manual testing and develop test automation using Ruby (Watir/Selenium), Phantom/CasperJS
• Be determined to make software work, and to understand the root cause of each bug
• Be passionate about getting better at writing solid code quickly and a refusal to believe that it cannot be done
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
• Drive, design, and develop new features by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on the features, estimate task time, and then quickly write high-quality code for complex features
• Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily team scrum meeting, and a weekly production release deployment
• Participate actively in requirement, design, and code reviews
• Work well independently, as well as in a team
0-2 years of experience in developing web applications, enterprise applications, or complex software
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• You learn and work well independently, as well as in a team
• Experience with one of Java, Objective-C, C++, or .NET on Linux, Windows, iOS, Mac OS X or Unix
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking (ports and addresses)
• Some experience with SQL databases
• Some experience with source control systems such as git, Subversion, Perforce, Mercurial, Visual SourceSafe, etc.
Great if you have:
• Experience with Ruby-on-Rails and Selenium
• Experience releasing software in a continuous or frequent deployment model
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Hudson
• Experience with a Linux shell and vi/emacs
• Deeper knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
• Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to isolate memory leaks, memory corruptions, and deadlocks; some experience with a code profiler
• Advanced software development skills: process/thread synchronization and management, C/C++
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Click here for more info: http://jobs.sap.com/job/Vancouver-QA-Developer-Job-BC/324714801/