You are a Project Manager with a real passion for delivery. You have experience in delivering technical and business projects, by tapping into the talent and subject matter expertise of resources from cross functional teams. You are driven to constantly refine the project delivery framework by proactively identifying improvements and by harvesting the lessons from previous projects to ensure these lessons are embedded into the fabric of how projects are conceived, scoped, planned, executed and transitioned into an operational setting. If you recognize this description of yourself, then we want to hear from you.
Working within a Centralized Services Group within Client Services and with a virtual Project Management Office, you will help ZE Project Sponsors and Stakeholders at the idea stage all the way through to implementation and operation. As one of the organization’s professional Project Managers, you will promote the use of PM best practices, support other teams as they deliver their own project – acting as a trusted consultant, but you will also be assigned multiple projects of your own to see from Approval & Initiation through to Delivery & formal Closure.
What You Should Have
• A university degree in Computer Science or Technology related subject.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Project Management (preferably in Software Development or Technology fields)
• Experience in working in Software Product Development environment for medium to large size organizations
• Exceptional ytical and organizational skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills – thoughtful leadership with the ability to adapt style as suits the situation/individual(s)
• Track record of successful project delivery using cross functional teams and employing Project Management best practices
• Track record of managing multiple projects in parallel
Nice to Have
• PMP certification or equivalent
• Experience in a variety of different delivery methodologies and project delivery frameworks
• Strong interest in Quality Management & Continuous Improvement
• Experience with effective Quality Management Systems
• Help interpret project requirements such that delivery teams are able to provide work breakdowns and reliable estimates
• Manage and mentor teams in the delivery of high quality projects and solutions that meet business needs
• Oversee the application of project management methodologies during all phases of the project lifecycle with responsibilities including project design, scope management, quality and performance reporting
• Effectively manage timelines/project schedule and project milestones
• Communicate technical details with the project team and serve as a liaison between the management and the project teams
• Collaborate with the project stakeholders at corporate; inter-department and intra-department level to define business requirements
• Help identify deficiencies in processes and procedures that impede the smooth delivery of projects – from early engagement with clients/stakeholders through to the smooth and orderly transition into Operational Support – regardless of whether ZE themselves are managing or supporting the solutions or environments
• Collaborate with other PMs, Sponsors, and resource managers to resolve any resource planning conflicts, clarify priorities, setting client/stakeholder expectations only after confirming availability of resources and making compromises that are good for all
• Help ensure that good/accurate resource planning is done across all your projects. Ensure that you seek up-front allocation of resources from resources managers in your department and from those outside of your department
• Promote PM best practices throughout all stages of the project and within and beyond your own department/team(s)
• Support other PMs and help ensure that, as a group, we stay consistent, applying a common set of best practice. Promote and share common, re-usable and continuously improving do entation sets, artifacts, request forms, plans, templates etc.
• Help strengthen the interactions between departments so that not only Project Delivery, but operational, interactions are strengthened/improved over time
ZE PowerGroup Inc. (ZE) is a global leader in the development of data management, ysis, and business automation software. ZEMA, our enterprise-level suite of products, enables users to capture, transform, manipulate, yze, report and visualize data quickly and easily. We work with world-class companies in energy, commodities, and finance to serve users in trade, risk management and IT. Our head office is in Richmond, BC, and we have operations in Houston, Raleigh, London, and Singapore.
With a dynamic corporate culture and supportive management team, a career at ZE is what you make of it. Our environment is defined by the people that work in our company. We stress a balanced approach to work and healthy living. We have a games area as well as onsite Yoga. Our head office is located conveniently next to the Richmond Middle Arm waterfront trail, Olympic Oval, and Steve Nash Fitness club. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you.
Please apply by c on the link below and filling out an online application. E-mail applications will not be considered. Thank you.