As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND O ECTIVES
As an Agile Developer Intern on the SAP Jam development team, you will be on one of the teams that develop SAP Jam, SAP’s social business collaboration cloud solution with over 34 million users and many large corporate customers. The successful applicant will:
• Love building both beautiful web user interfaces and cloud computing systems that can scale to millions of users
• Learn quickly by jumping directly into code, making sense of it, and making solid changes with little or no supervision
• Perform manual testing and develop test automation in Ruby
• Log and verify defects in JIRA, our bug-tracking system
• Have a solid understanding of web application architectures, including client-side AJAX, HTTP requests, multithreaded servers, and databases
• Be passionate about getting better at writing solid code quickly and a refusal to believe that it cannot be done
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Drive, design, and develop new features by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on the features, estimate task time, and then quickly write high-quality code for complex features
• Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily team scrum meeting, and a weekly production deployment
• Participate actively in requirement, design, and code reviews
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES WORK EXPERIENCE
• Working toward a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• You learn and work well independently, as well as in a team
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4 or IPv6) networking (ports and addresses)
• Experience with SQL databases
• Experience with source control systems such as git, Subversion, Perforce, etc
- Experience with Ruby-on-Rails and AJAX
- Experience with a Linux shell and vi/emacs
- Knowledge of REST web services
- Deeper knowledge of TCP/IP networking and security: packet/LAN sniffers, XSS, CSRF, encryption, HTTPS, SMTP/POP, DNS, etc.
- Advanced debugging skills and tools: ability to isolate memory leaks, memory corruptions, and deadlocks; some experience with a code profiler
- Advanced software development skills: process/thread synchronization and management, C/C++
- Immersed in a digital lifestyle, e.g. iMessage, Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, iPhone, iPad, Android
• Some experience in developing web applications or complex software, not necessarily in full-time employment.
• Can commit for 8 months full time internship starting January 2017.