ZE is a global leader in the development of enterprise data management and ysis software. We design and develop ZEMA, a sophisticated suite of products that provide clients with powerful capabilities for data collection, process automation, and business intelligence through web based ytical tools, services, and dashboards.
As an Intermediate SQL Server Developer, you will be responsible for ensuring smooth and timely execution of information system projects and implementation of business processes and procedures. We will provide a great work environment, a unique corporate culture, thorough training in our business model, and rewards for good work.
• Develop new SQL Server code; maintain and enhance existing code base
• Adapt non-SQL Server facilities into parallel SQL Server facilities
• Troubleshoot software issues where necessary
• Identify areas where products can be improved
• Advise QA ysts on test case design
• Participate in project and ZEMA application process reviews when required
• A Diploma or University degree in Computer Science or Technology
• Thorough knowledge of relational database design and terminology
• At least 2 years of experience with the Microsoft SQL Server product suite, with emphasis on T-SQL code development, ETL processes via SSIS, and use of newer features of SQL Server 2014 database engine
• Experience with SQL Profiler and in troubleshooting problem situations and queries (blocking, locking, waits).
• Working knowledge of SSRS, SSAS, and SQLCLR/.NET are useful but are not mandatory.
• Experience with high-availability facilities is useful but is not mandatory.
• Knowledge of Oracle SQL and PL/SQL is an asset
• Able to yze business processes and identify areas of improvement
• Working knowledge of web development is an asset but is not mandatory
Competency & Skill Set
• Strong initiative and drive to create top-quality, solid products
• Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and facilitation skills
• Superior ability to collaborate in a team environment, while being able to work with minimal supervision
• Must be self-aware, confident, and have capacity for empathy
• Ability to communicate clearly and competently, verbally and in writing
• Willingness to continue learning in secondary areas of involvement
Please apply by c on the appropriate position you would like to apply for below and filling out an online application. E-mail applications will not be considered. Thank you.
Click here to apply.
With a dynamic corporate culture and supportive management team, a career at ZE is what you make of it. Our environment is defined by the people that work in our company. We stress a balanced approach to work and healthy living. We have a games area as well as onsite Yoga. Our head office is located conveniently next to the Richmond Middle Arm waterfront trail, Olympic Oval, and Steve Nash Fitness club. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you.