As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND O ECTIVES
The Cloud for ytics team is looking for an energetic and innovative Area Quality Lead to help drive the quality of our next generation cloud-based ytics platform. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As an Area Quality Lead, you will work with the Suite Quality, Engineering Leads, Development Managers, and scrum teams in your product area to drive the testing and quality approach for Cloud for ytics.
- Develop broad and deep technology understanding of Cloud for ytics areas
- Critique and drive test strategy both within scrum teams and the product area
- Coach and support scrum teams on quality aspects of development and release
- Communicate quality aspects of the product area to internal, external, and senior stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Suite Quality Lead and others to understand and drive quality aspects with customers and other stakeholders
- Interface with key customers both for product quality as well as for critical escalations
- Identify and communicate development issues raised from scrum teams
- Develop broad understanding of all aspects of quality including functional, P&R, security, non-functional, and testing and development process
- Continually plan, review, and improve the efficiency of the test strategy for the product.
- Share and communicate best practices across scrum teams
- Drive, design, and implement high-quality features by working with Development Managers, Product Architects, User Experience, and scrum team members.
- Identify gaps in product areas and drive solutions with Engineering leads, Development Managers and the Suite Quality Lead
- Work with Engineering Leads and other SAP internal teams, on attaining and communicating quality aspects for product releases
- Keep up with new technology, tools, efficient agile development, and quality-related practices
- Work with architects to understand, prioritize and identify issues within the product architecture
- Contribute as a thought leader and expert in the BI organization and industry
- Collaborate with other development organizations to drive quality and process improvements with technologies Cloud for ytics is dependent on (e.g., HANA, SAPUI5)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of experience working as an Agile Developer in successful product delivery within an enterprise software company.
- Excellent verbal, written, ytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience in agile development methodology (Scrum, Kanban, and others) and continuous development models
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative – you must be proactive and results oriented with a track record for delivering results
- Highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills: You must be able to make timely, clear and justifiable decisions and trade-offs based on diverse input data
- 5+ years of experience working as an Agile Developer in enterprise software company or cloud application development
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:email@example.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Click here for more info: http://jobs.sap.com/job/Vancouver-Area-Quality-Lead-Cloud- ytics-Job-BC/320929401/