UPS - Richmond, BC
Being a Package Handler at UPS is all about keeping the process running smooth and on schedule, around the clock. Every day, you’ll collaborate with a team of hardworking individuals, do what you do best and know your efforts are having an impact on a global scale. In fact, approximately 82% of the UPS workforce is involved in freight and package handling. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you’ll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go. We build better careers and reward people like you for doing what they love to do most. Discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. Join us!
We currently have several exciting opportunities for Part Time Package Handlers (Afternoon and Evening Shifts - Warehouse) within our Vancouver Hub Operations. These part time package handler positions are located at our Hub Facility in Richmond (YVR), BC assigned Shifts are:
• 2:00PM- 6:00PM (Monday to Friday)
• Job Classification: Part Time Warehouse
• Job Type: Permanent / Hourly
• Job Location: 5960 Ferguson Road, Richmond BC
• Category: Warehouse Operations
• Additional Information: Regular public transit may not be available for the area during shift hours.
Role Summary: Package Handlers are responsible for the unloading, sorting, scanning and loading of packages in the hub. They move a variety of packages and they process these efficiently for the warehouse operations. Package Handlers work in a physically-demanding and fast-paced warehouse environment, and they continually lift, lower and slide packages for the duration of their shifts. They work with conveyor and roller belts, inside the trailers, cargo containers and package cars. Shift hours can vary because of changes in package volume. Package Handlers will be required to work with slight changes in shift hours .
• Work days are from Monday to Friday
• Schedules are based on operational requirements
• Shift hours will slightly vary and may be subject to change
• MSP and Extended Medical benefits included
• Group Insurance and Pension benefits included
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to $1,500 per semester)
• Full training provided
• Weekly pay
• Guaranteed Top Rate
UPS offers a competitive compensation package which includes a guaranteed wage progression, benefit options including health and dental coverage, group insurance plan, paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan and an unlimited opportunity to grow within the company.
Required Skills: All Candidates are required to have the following Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Excellent Verbal Communications skills
• Good Organizational and Multi-tasking skills
• Ability to follow set and standard procedures
• Ability to regularly lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
• Ability to maneuver packages up to 150-lbs (68-kg) unassisted
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically-demanding warehouse and sorting environment
• Comfortable working inside container trailers, delivery trucks and similar equipment
• Able to work with automated conveyor belts and manual rollers
• Must be able to work with and recognize postal codes, routing charts and maps
• Must be Bondable
All candidates must successfully complete a series of interviews, a criminal history records check and references verification in order to qualify. UPS Package Handlers must be able to obtain and maintain a Transport Canada Aviation Security Clearance when required.
Application Instructions: Please send a copy of your resume to upsjobsbc@ ups.com. You can also fax your do ents to: (604) 295 - 3566
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
*Conditions will apply.
Location: 5960 Ferguson Road, Richmond BC