Aerotek is currently seeking Electrical Engineering Technicians for a full-time contract position in Vancouver, WA.
On a daily basis these individuals will be providing products and specialized technical support directed toward real time dispatch of the transmission system, outage coordination, and operating information necessary for other functions to carry out their duties and directly supports the development of standards, guides, and agreements for interconnected operations within the Western Interconnection.
Position Responsibilities include:
* Formulate and apply various power flow modeling (1 year prior experience required)
* Develop and/or modify powerflow base cases
* Run powerflow, voltage stability, and transient stability simulations
* Process and yze power system load, generation and topology information
* Prepare technical reports
* Prior electric utility work experience is highly preferred
* Knowledge of SCADA data / tools highly preferred
* Practical experience in PI, Process Book preferred
* Must be team-oriented and support a collaborative work environment, yet be comfortable working independently
Aerotek, headquartered in Hanover, Md., is a leading provider of technical, professional and industrial staffing services. Established in 1983, Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, the largest provider of staffing services in the U.S. Aerotek operates a network of more than 200 non-franchised offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. For more information, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, , age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.