Business information: Rechsteiner Construction is a general contractor and construction manager with over 13 years of industry experience. We specialize in advancing projects from pre-construction through to substantial completion. We pride ourselves on high-quality work, attention to detail, and meticulous planning. We ensure that each and every one of our projects is given the same level of care, diligence and attention to deliver a final product that not only achieves our high standards, but also exceeds our client’ pectations. Our services include custom homes and upscale renovations.
Business address: 7718 Jensen Place, Burnaby, BC, V5A 2A8
Work Location: Burnaby, BC and various sites in BC according to the clients’ locations
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
• Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
• Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
• Install drywall & steel stud work
• Maintain, repair and renovate residences and wooden structures in mills, mines, hospitals, industrial plants and other establishments
• Prepare tenders and quotations
• Schedule and coordinate work on sites
• Survey building locations and levels
• Instruct apprentices
• Supervise other workers
• Operate CADD and other computer software systems
• Estimate costs and materials
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade is required. If the candidate doesn’t have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Valid driver’s license and own transportation to go to work in Burnaby, BC and drive between jobsites is required
-Experience in all of the items listed in the “Job Description” above is required
-Experience in European carpentry is an asset
-Experience in use of surveying equipment is required to survey building locations and levels
-This is a multi-faceted job that requires attention to detail
-Be able to work with hand tools and power tools
-Use of metric
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week
-Flexibility in schedule is required. Shifts: 7:30am to 4:00pm, from Monday to Friday.
-A minimum of 30 hours is guaranteed in the summer and in the winter.
-The work mainly involves European carpentry therefore the experience in these types of constructions is an asset.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: 7718 Jensen Place, Burnaby, BC, V5A 2A8
Location: Burnaby, BC and various sites in BC according to the clients’ locations