Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
Engagement Financial Services:
Deloitte Consulting's Engagement Financial Services Practice is comprised of client service professionals specializing in project and account operations serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account management control. Senior project controllers provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project management team(s) by assisting with initiating and controlling organization and logistical aspects of projects. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts.
Senior Project Controllers (SPC) are responsible for supporting one or more project/engagement teams through successful management of the financial ysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management controls. SPCs often oversee the activities of more junior project controller staff, including supervision, task management and deliverable quality reviews. On any given assignment, the SPC may be responsible for preparing and leading the following activities:
- Perform various financial yses such as reconciliations and variance ysis;
- Manage activities to prepare budgets and forecasts andto project and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, etc.;
- Interact frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various yses, discuss recommendations and provide projectfinancial advice;
- Able to build complex financial reporting models in excel and customize project financial reporting
- Track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions;
- Perform and manage project management office (PMO) functional tasks and perform day-to-day contract management activities;
- Conduct quality reviews of and provide feedback on the technical work products of junior resources;
- Develop and implement standards and processes for project management, quality management, andrisk management;
- Support the growth and career development of junior resources by serving as an informal mentor and, as assigned, a formal Counselor tojunior staff, providing them with regular career and professional development guidance;
- Participate in formal mid-year and year end performance assessment activities for assigned counselees;
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall Engagement Financial Services Practice through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives;
- Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies.
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a financial ysis role;
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, includingadvanced level PowerPoint and expert Excel Skills (Excel certification will be an assets);
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (frequency is dependent on the office location and project assignments);
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to the Executive Level;
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports;
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to “think outside the box” while identifying problems and developing creative solutions.
- Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management;
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources;
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications;
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios;
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario ysis;
- Experience in a client-service environment; consulting experience is a plus.
Deloitte isan inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/16023-en_US/senior-project-controller