Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, and propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the worlds natural environment. For further information on Bombardier our website at bombardier/
Get your career on track
For over thirty years Bombardier has been successfully doing business with GO Transit in Toronto. We are currently recruiting for Equipment Maintainer
If you are passionate about winning and have a results driven attitude
If you are challenged by a multi:tasking environment
If you possess the ability to work in an operational setting with tight deadlines, then...
Bombardier is the place for you
You will have the following responsibilities:
1. Perform and do ent routine maintenance repairs on coaches and locomotives.
2. Repair and install railway car parts such as air valves, bearings, couplings, air cylinders and piping as a result of troubleshooting, ysis or fault detection by a technician, or through routine maintenance.
3. Repair defective or damaged metal, plastic and fiberglass accessories. Using hand or power tools.
4. Replace damaged windows.
5. Review and/or create defect sheets and attend to them with the supervisors approval and complete all do entation.
6. Dumping and charging toilet and associated repairs. Report any problems to supervisor for any further action if required.
7. Perform certain tasks within Preventative Maintenance Inspections, and perform Routine Maintenance Inspections on interior and exterior components of passenger transit rail equipment determining proper operation, and the extent of wear and/or damage.
8. Locomotive, coach and cab car preventative maintenance at PM together with Electrical Technician and Mechanical Technician.
9. Re:torque using torque machine or wrench.
10. Coach Wheel change and shimming.
11. Inspection of couplers.
12. Disc rotor, tread brake, actuator and air line replacement.
13. Wayside power application and removal (Yard and PM).
Grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 1 year work experience in Mechanical and Electrical maintenance field.
3. Capable of reading and understanding electrical and/or mechanical drawings and maintenance manuals.
4. Experience using power tools and hand tools.
5. Familiarity with AC and DC power and control systems and HVAC systems is an asset. Record keeping.
6. Good English reading, writing and speaking skills required.
7. Traveling off site to outpost locations for repairs.
8. Equipment Fault finding with corresponding repairs.
9. Must possess a valid Class G Driver's license.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Way Maintenance
Primary Location: CA:ON:Toronto Downtown
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 09.06.2016, 2:46:39 PM
Location: CA:ON:Toronto Downtown