Primary Location:Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
All Available Locations:Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Kitchener; Mississauga; Montreal; Ottawa; Regina; Saskatoon; Toronto; Vancouver
External Posting Description
The Shared Services Manager, Business Operations provides strategic and tactical leadership,coordination and oversight to a team of Shared Services professional staff whomay be located in different offices. You will be a member of the Shared Servicesmanagement team and a key contributor to the achievement of organizational strategic goals and objectives. This position requires a very hands-on, versatile individual who is energized by the idea of providing operational leadershipas well as leading, training and coaching operations employees to deliver exceptional client service.
- Contribute to and operationalize the Shared Services annual objectives, connecting the dots between strategy and execution across Business Operations with enabling areas, service lines, and day-to-day team activities
- Serve as a member of the Shared Services management team, including support of overall management effort and direction, and contribution to team success
- Lead team to map out and implement new processes to maximize productivity and/or increase revenue generation
- Conduct ongoing evaluation on effectiveness of business solutions against firm metrics and redirects as required
- Lead and inspire Business Operations professionalsto work to their highest capabilities and foster teamwork
- Act as a rolemodel for our Reinvented Performance Management experience by actively playing the role of team leader and coach in addition to having regular check-ins, pulsesurveys and providing real-time feedback to your direct reports
- Activelymanage talent pool, and address high and low performance within the team, and make corresponding management recommendations to continuously elevate our standards
- Collaborate with Talent in recruitment efforts as well as participating in new hire orientation
- Apply leading practice and end-to-end process expertise in one or more core area of Shared Services: financial reports, proposals & engagement lettersetc.
- Contribute to the implementation of Service Innovation initiatives and implement new re-engineered processes in a Shared Services operatingmodel
- Act as a change agent in the implementation of strategic initiatives or priorities at the local level, using regular reports on productivity, revenue and quality, and other available ytics to identify and address gaps, andpropose improvements
- Collaborate with the Shared Services Lead and internal client lead as needed to drive process improvements, identify opportunitiesfor standardization, and promote sharing of best practices
- Develop, adapt and do ent existing and new workflows, including related training materialsand sessions to drive adoption
- Build advanced expertise in our technology platform ServiceNow, and other software applications used by Shared Services,to enhance collaboration and productivity, meet Service-Level Agreements, and identify more efficient ways of working
- Review, assess and align daily tasks with relevant Business Operations FY17 priorities, in particular Service Innovation and Revenue Initiativeas well as the Business Operations Key Performance Outcomes
- Develop detailed resourcing and work plans, direct project teams, deliver status, meet deadlines, manage to budget, meet or exceed quality standards
- Help team navigate do entation and processes (both current and future-state where relevant),related organization/role design and enabling technologies
- Leverage operational reports, service level agreements, and process KPIs to ensure we meet our commitments
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience, including experience managing people, projects and processes in acomplex, professional work environment
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability to provide leadership to delivery teams which may be distributed geographically
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and training a team
- Strong ytical skills, along with ability to derive insights and translate findings into actions
- Experience with driving workflow standardization and efficiency initiatives
- Professional,independent, relationship oriented and outgoing; able to gain the support of others at all levels; excellent 360-degree verbal and written communication skills,including group presentations
- Excellent time management, prioritizationand organization skills; maintains calm under pressure
- Microsoft Officeskills
- Bilingualism, English and , written and spoken, is an asset
- Ability to travel as required
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact thatmatters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers ourpeople with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offerunique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. Andwith our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead ateam. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building adiverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates andwill accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rightscodes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughoutthis process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressedconfidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/19311-en_US/shared-services-manager