Location: CA:Golder Associés:Montréal
Area of Interest: EN : Human Resources (HD)
Job Type: Full Time
of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelor Degree
Posted Date: 8/29/2016 3:11:00 PM
Experience (Years): 5
Golder Associates is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team supporting both our Ottawa and Montreal Offices.
The HR Generalist will provide support to group leaders, supervisors and employees within assigned client group, ensuring compliance with and understanding of internal policies and external legislation while fostering positive employee engagement. Working in partnership with business leaders, Regional HR teams and Centres of Excellence, the HR Generalist is accountable for ensuring alignment of the business and HR strategies with a focus on change management, total rewards, performance management and workforce planning.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Building partnerships with Group Leaders within the assigned business units to understand operational goals and needs, and provide guidance and operational support to align HR services to support the attainment of business goals;
* Serving as a primary contact for leaders and employees within assigned business units on matters such as new employee integration, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, departures and other operational human resources matters. Escalates complex matters to Regional HR Leader or applicable COE colleague as necessary;
* Supporting the effective implementation and application of National HR policies, programs and processes within the assigned business units; proactively identifies potential challenges / problems and provides innovative solutions;
* Contributing to national HR initiatives, policies and programs by participating on HR project teams, developing HR policies, and providing feedback and input on HR policies, programs and processes;
* Performing other duties as required.
University Degree in Business focusing on HR, IR or related specialty;
* A minimum of e (5) years of experience in HR with a minimum of 3 years experience in a Generalist position. CHRP, CRIA, CHRA designations or working towards is preferred;
* Must be able to communicate (spoken and written) fluently in and English;
* Proven knowledge of Quebec and Ontario labour and human rights regulations is required. Knowledge of Quebec and Ontario health and safety regulations a definite asset;
* Proficient in core office programs (e.g., Microsoft Office products) and capable of learning key HRIS / role specific applications;
* Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact;
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships throughout an organization, combined with a strong customer service orientation;
* Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in dynamic environments;
* Solid problem:solving and decision:making skills;
* Ability to maintain effectiveness and a positive attitude even in stressful or adverse situations.
* Must be willing and able to travel between the Ottawa and Montreal offices.
Regularly ranked as one of the best companies to work for.
As a global, employee:owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy..
No phone calls please. We thank all the individuals w xpressed interest.
Location: CA:Golder Associés:Montréal