PeaceHealth is seeking a
Supervisor of Clinical Nursing : Ketchikan Orthopedics for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for ysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Staffing and scheduling. Supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate
Care and services to patients and families. Supervises daily activities, focusing on operations and effective use of resources within established budget. Responsible for operational performance including the quality, service environment and regulatory compliance.
1. Link mission into day:to:day work, focuses on meeting organization/departmental targets, monitors budget variances and recommend or develop plans for improvement, assure regulatory compliance
2. Supervise assigned caregivers with full personnel action authority. Monitor and evaluate performance and accountability of staff. Evaluate competence and initiate performance improvement plans to develop staff, provide meaningful and constructive feedback. Responsible for training, coaching, mentoring and development of caregivers. Ensure the completion of mandatory training and in:services. Responsible for scheduling and time off management of direct reports.
3. Work with leadership to assist in the development of policies, procedures, and enhancements to the delivery of services, and operations of the department.
4. Serve as a resource in the overall delivery of patient care assessing clinical practice, identifying needs and recommending solutions.
5. Collaborate with other departments in meeting the needs of patients, families, caregivers, healthcare providers and departments. Establish and maintain effective relationships.
6. May perform staff nurse responsibilities as needed.
7. Provide operational support with clinical processes, policies, procedures and budget management. Assist with compliance to policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and laws.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
: Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
: Minimum of 2 years related experience pertaining to assigned specialty area is required.
: Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
: Demonstrated knowledge of and ability age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patients needs.
: Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse will be practicing required.
: Basic Life Support ( ) certification required at date of hire.
: Specialty certification preferred.
: Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
: Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer:focused work environment
: Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills
: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
: Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
ALASKA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
: Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65 of the time.
: Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
: Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp ins
Location: ketchikan, Skeena-Bulkley