PeaceHealth is seeking a
Physical Therapy Assistant : Rehab Therapies (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Day shift position.
Responsible for carrying out the physical therapy plan of care, toward patient:specific goals, under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Provides treatment to restore function, prevent disability and assist patients to achieve optimal levels of functional status. Provides oversight to students in following the plan:of:care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
1. Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the plan of treatment.
2. Completes do entation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
3. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
4. Mentors and provides oversight to therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to physical therapy assistant students.
5. Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
6. Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in:services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
: Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
: Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
: Current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board. For positions in Oregon, a temporary permit is acceptable under the rules set forth by the Oregon State Board of Physical Therapy. A temporary permit shall be allowed for a period not to exceed three months.
: Current (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
: Strong organizational and ytical skills
: Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
: Ability to assess patients conditions and exercise independent judgment
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the
Ketchikan, AK community our h
Location: ketchikan, Skeena-Bulkley