PeaceHealth is seeking a
Patient Access Rep Lead : Ketchikan, Pediatrics for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Assists in coordinating some l of the following activities: scheduling; insurance verification and pre:certification; billing concerns; and co:pay collections. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre:visit services.
Responsible for coordinating the day:to:day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
1. Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; ensures compliance with policies; provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Pre:registers patients with accurate patient demographic and financial data.
3. Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
4. Stays current with insurance requirements.
5. Serves as a resource for questions including compliance and complaints, and trouble:shooting patient billing and staff issues.
6. Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
: High School diploma or equivalent required.
: Minimum of one year of Patient Access Rep experience required.
: Previous leadership experience preferred.
: Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD coding required.
: Knowledge of insurance process and regulations required.
: Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
: Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
: Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
ALASKA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
: Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33 of the time.
: Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
: Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
: Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34:65 of work time).
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the