PeaceHealth is seeking a
Medical Assistant : Ketchikan, Family Practice for a
1.0 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
1. Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
2. Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
3. Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
4. Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
5. May transport specimens.
6. May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
7. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
8. May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
9. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
: High school diploma or equivalent required.
: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
: Minimum of one year experience in a medical office preferred.
: See below for licensure/certification requirements for each community.
: Current (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
: Demonstrated knowledge of and ability age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patients needs.
: Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
: Ability to collaborate with other multi:disciplinary team members.
: Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi:line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
: Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
: Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
: Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
: Current certification for Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant is preferred, not required at this time.
: After certification, training and verification of competency, Medical Assistants will be allowed to give injections.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is t