PeaceHealth is seeking a
Child Care Attendant (Per Diem) for a per diem,
Variable shift position.
Under the direction of the manager/supervisor, this position assists in providing for the physical, emotional and instructional needs of infant, toddler, and school:age children. This may include tasks such as dressing, feeding, providing basic instruction and overseeing play.
1. Demonstrates creativity and resourcefulness in planning and implementing child activity programs that follow established guidelines.
2. Assists in providing for all basic needs of the children at the center.
3. Demonstrates concern for the personal differences between individuals in relationship to their needs, interests, development and capabilities.
4. Orients parents/family members in regard to policies and procedures of center and maintains positive rapport with all parents and patrons.
5. Participates in continuing education to ensure caregiver effectiveness and to maintain certification/
6. Ensures safe play conditions and follows established safety procedures.
7. Provides a clean, well maintained and safe play area.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
: High school diploma or equivalent required.
: Course work in Early Childhood Education or completion of Child Development Associate preferred.
: One year experience working with children in a day care, elementary school or similar setting preferred.
: Current First Aid and CPR/AED Certification required with specific training in CPR for infants and children.
: Knowledge of basic child care and feeding, as well as understanding of infant and child development
: Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with children, staff and parents
: Computer experience preferred.
: Ability common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
: Ability to move and react quickly to a variety of cir stances
ALASKA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
: Work requires active physical exertion at least 66 of the time. Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
: Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated that this position will be exposed to blood and body fluids an average of once a month or more.
: Job duties frequently require intense concentration or attention to detail for 34:65 of the work time.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the
Ketchikan, AK community our homepage: peacehealth/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three:minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitmentpe