PeaceHealth is seeking a
Anesthesia Technician : Ketchikan for a
0.6 full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
This position is responsible for performing a variety of technical and supportive patient care tasks to assist attending anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists in performing anesthetic procedures.
1. Prepare, supply and equip the operating room to meet anesthesiologist and surgery room requirements for surgical procedures. This includes assisting in room setup and room turnover, stocking supplies and obtaining supplies and equipment as directed.
2. Clean machines, monitors, and equipment following established infection control procedures.
3. Assist in patient care/patient monitoring as directed by RN or Anesthesiologist.
4. May assist with patient laboratory tests and results.
5. Coordinate supply inventory for Anesthesia Department.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here for details
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Associate degree in Anesthesia Technology preferred.
* One year operating room experience as a CNA, Surgical Services Assistant, or Surgical Instrument Tech preferred.
* Anesthesia Technician, basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patients needs.
* Current (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
* Nursing Assistant Certification (Washington only) preferred
* American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians Certification preferred
* Ability to work independently and with others in a high:volume challenging environment
* Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
* Well organized, detail oriented and self:motivated
* Good communication skills
* Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission:driven work environment To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the
Ketchikan, AK community our homepage: peacehealth/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three:minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.