Service:Â ÂTaxÂ Â
Job Type:Â ÂPermanentÂ
Primary Location:ÂToronto, Ontario, CanadaÂ
All Available Locations:ÂTorontoÂ
Our US / Canada Cross-Border Tax Services group is involved in all aspects of cross-border transactions. Some of the areas in which we provide advice and assistance to our clients are:
- ·Structuring corporate investment and expansion into the United States
- ·Developing acquisition strategies of US entities or assets
- ·Due diligence in regard to the acquisition of US entities or assets
- ·Developing and implementing cross border financing strategies
- ·US compliance, including state and local audit defenses
- ·Planning to minimizeUS permanent establishment concerns and remedial planning for permanent establishments that were created inadvertently
- ·State and local planning, including nexus determinations
- ·Creating tax planning to minimize a corporation's overall US tax liability
- ·Structuring US corporate outbound investments, primarily into Canada
Our Toronto US Corporate Tax practice isseeking a Senior yst to join our team. As a Senior yst, your responsibilities will include:
- ·Manipulating and yzing client prepared financial information to
- identify tax planning opportunities;
- determine appropriate tax filing positions; and
- preparation of US corporate income tax returns and/or extensions.
- ·Supporting members of the group with compliance and administrative issues.
- ·Perform technical research of complex taxation issues, apply research results to client situations after in-depth ysis of client specific facts to determine tax consequences and identify value-added tax planning strategies.
- ·Implement taxplanning strategies through
- the development of transactional stepsmemos;
- PowerPoint client slide decks detailing tax consequences as applied to client specific facts;
- the review and ysis of legal do entsto ensure the same comports with the intent of the tax planning being implemented; and
- the memorialization of tax findings in tax technical memorandumsor opinions.
- ·Assist clients with tax due diligence on potential acquisitions of new targets or the disposition of existing companies throughthe ysis of company specific tax materials (returns, financial statements,legal do ents, etc.) and the interview of tax and/or financial personnel and/or external advisors.
Successful candidates will have thefollowing attributes:
- ·Experience working with a corporate U.S Tax practice
- ·Undergraduate Degree is required ‑ candidates withan LLB or JD are preferred as research and writing skills are a critical skill for a successful candidate
- ·LLM in US Tax is highly desirable as successful candidates will be required to research, yze and articulate complex tax law as it applies to client specific facts
- ·Strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel
Salary Range: $78,000 to$92,000 Canadian Dollars
Our posted salary ranges on this site are guidelines and actual salaries offered may vary depending on the individual's skills and experience
- Employee Variable Pay Plan,
- Individual performance bonus,
- $1,300 CDN in Wellness spending,
- Medical and Dental Insurance.
- Eligible for discretionary bonus or increase in salary, promotion, the whole in accordance with Deloitte’s policies and guidelines.
Location of Work:22Adelaide Street West, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 0A9, Canada
Contact Information and Business Address:22 Adelaide Street West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 0A9, Canada
Join Deloitte and bringback that loving feeling.Â And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm.We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levelsand exceed expectations.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people withÂ unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.Â With the power of our global network and reach, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community. Once Deloitte always Deloitte.
Leadyourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce.Â We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advisethe Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.Â Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17043-en_US/senior-us-tax- yst-us-tax-services-tax