As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Presales Customer Solutions Director leads and manages all Presales engagements for a large Canadian retailer. S/he works with the sales teams to support sales strategies by engaging the appropriate Presales team. A Presales Customer Solutions Manager must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills, and be able to mentor and coach the assigned presales team members in support of sales cycles.
Deal Execution Tasks:
- Be the single point of contact for Sales into the Presales organization in support of their sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales management and sales account executives to plan account strategies through participation in informal and formal account reviews.
- Work directly with each Sales AE to assess the right time to engage presales resources and approve/deny the use of presales specialists in those sales opportunities.
- Assign the right presales team members to work each qualified sales opportunity in their territory (assign the VAT team).
- When appropriate, assign a Solution Captain to an opportunity.
- Maintain intimate knowledge and status of each sales opportunity where Presales team members are being used and raise “red-flags” to the Sales Management when obstacle’s arise in the account.
- Personally get engaged in supporting the key deals in the territory through customer interactions and presentations where qualified.
- Utilize CRM and other Presales BI reports to provide feedback to sales on the effectiveness of Presales in supporting their accounts.
- Enforce consistent presales processes, including CRM-based opportunity management, dry-runs and discovery sessions, to ensure superior demos and presentations.
- Monitor the impact of each presales team member throughout each sales cycle in order to fairly compensate each once the deal closes.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of SAP’s entire solution suite and key competitors.
Business Development Tasks:
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities.
- Be resourceful and creative in using Design Thinking processes to expand deals and create new opportunities in dormant accounts.
- 8+ years of presales experience
- 5 + years of solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 10+ successful engagements
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills English: proficient
- Business level local language: expert Fluent English spoken and written
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Click here for more info: http://jobs.sap.com/job/Montreal-Customer-Solutions-Director-Public-Sector-Job-QC/320684401/