Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto; Vaughan
You haven’t figured it out, but you know you’ve come to enjoy:Taking on an technical problem head on without hesitationResearching andsatisfying your curiosity of unknowns with GoogleComing up with creative IT solutionsGoing above and beyond and over the moon in implementinga solutionSystematically reviewing your work and testing it thoroughlyto ensure the job has been done right
Are you up to the challenge?
As a member ofCyber Risk Services, you will have the opportunity to interact with clients both locally and globallyto assist with managing their cyber risk profile. You should be comfortable managing timelines; be able to travel to (on occasion); following established methodologies; and creating clear and concise deliverables. Other responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Supporting the team on security/controls and risk management solution development and system integration
- Supporting the group in identifying risks and controls within business and IT processes for various initiatives
- Performing security related technical implementation based activities on systems implementation projects
- Assisting with the development of security strategies,policies and standards
- Researching and resolve complex issues and develop innovative solutions for clients
In return, you’ll get an exposure to a variety of different work activities in different industry sectors available in Deloitte’s Cyber Risk portfolio of service offerings such as (but not limited to):
- Cyber security.Working with organizations – from network to boardroom –to address constantly changing threats. This includes setting and implementingthe right technology and cultural strategy to manage evolving cyber threats; providing intelligent insight to monitor evolving threats and anticipate risks; responding effectively and timely to cyber threats to minimize their impact.
- Security management, privacy & resiliency. Strengthen ourclient’s security policies, standards, governance, strategies and metricswith automated risk and compliance solutions; monitor security risks, respond to incidents and prevent the exploitation of vulnerabilities; Enhance privacy anddata protection processes to reduce risk as well as ensure service continuity in the face of a business disruption
- Application integrity. Meet evolving stakeholder expectations by enhancing our client’s application security and controls, strengthening business controls and processes, improving segregation of duties, and implementing and configuring related ERP modules. This involves in-depth understanding of Segregation of Duty (SoD) requirements and technologies, leading practices, and the current regulatory environment;practical knowledge of governance and compliance issues, which can be applied tosupport effective coordination and integration with internal and external auditors.
- Identity & Access Management. Maintain authorized access to information at any time, from anywhere, by employees, business partners and customers. Achieved through utilization of our framework that combinesour business process, security and controls, enterprise resource planning (ERP), project management and technology skills with in-depth vendor software knowledge to address areas including development of a strategy, business case and roadmap; identity management program implementation and integration; solution design;product selection.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Enrolled in a co-op undergraduate program in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Security or related field;
- The ability to work independently as partof solution teams
- Proven creativity, the ability to develop and presentnew ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership and initiative, inand out of the work environment
- Strong research skills
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or curiosity with security or privacy enhancing technologies
- Security ytics (including predicative ytics, quantitative and statistical ysis as it relates to ITSecurity)
- Knowledge a development language such as Java or .NETand concepts such as Waterfall and Agile Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of the operating system platforms such as UNIX and Windows
- Understanding of networking devices and their capabilities along with general IP protocol knowledge
- Understanding of common technologies such as databases, webservers, firewalls and mobile devices
Only complete applications can be considered, please ensure to include the following:
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript
- Note: As part of your online application, you will be required to indicate one service line preference
- Please ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate andup-to-date
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm ESTon application deadline
Application Deadlines:October 2nd, 2016
Get your careeroff to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further. To find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. At Deloitte, weknow that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at everypoint in their career. Deloitte’s workplace of the future is a unique workspacethat strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working providingour people with the tools to make an impact that matters.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical andprincipled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications fromall qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment andselection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected foran interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/18071-en_US/ yst-cyber-risk-services-risk-advisory-toronto-january-april-2017-co-op