Our technicians are responsible for the connection of residential and business customers to the largest fibre:optic telecommunications project in Canada. As a Drop Technician you will complete the installation of fibre drops completing the customer's connection to this first class fibre network supporting the project build in communities across Alberta and BC.
Our employees have the opportunity to participate in our industry leading technical and workmanship training programs. This is an intensive 2 week thorough and rigorous program that equips all of our employees with the skills and tools they require to be successful at LTS and in the marketplace.
Join Ledcor Technical Services Today
- Drives to and from residential and small business customer locations in a defined geographic area, performing aerial drop installations on behalf of our client
- Performs NIB installations on homes
- Operates equipment and a vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor's safety program
- Interacts with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Provides a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Utilizes handheld tools
- Ensures vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Supports the Lead technician as part of a small team of technicians dedicated to installing aerial drops
- Previous work experience in telecommunications is an asset
- Previous experience of operating a bucket truck an asset
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, and working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can:do" attitude and customer focused approach that enables you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Self:motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work loads with little direction for self and others
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually
- Travel to various project locations in Alberta and BC will be required. You will work a rotational schedule of 15 Days on and 6 days off when away from home
- Work outdoors at the customer location
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, and working at heights and in confined spaces.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now
Apply online at: jobs.ledcor/title/Fibre:Drop:Technician
Ledcor is an equal:opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non:discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic.