Job Type:New Graduate
Primary Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
We are currently looking for qualified professionals to join our Technology Consulting group. You will join a Deloitte team that prides itself by helping clients to not only solve complex business and technology problems but also to execute on the advice we provide. We work with a diverse group of clients around the world to help them to create competitive advantage, improve shareholder value and improve the performance of their businesses. You will be part of a collaborative engagement team that creates value for our clients by developing creative solutions that are visionary as well as pragmatic – solutions that haveimpact from the back room to the boardroom. Joining our team means joining a workplace of the future, where we’re breaking down barriers across all levels, services, roles and functions. At Deloitte we believe in leveraging diverse perspectives for results and solutions that can’t be matched.
As a Business Technology yst, you will be part of an entrepreneurial client engagement team with a specific set of responsibilities. Leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, you will work on a variety of projects such as large scale ERP application design and implementation, technology strategy and advisory, architecturedesign & development, technology assessments, enterprise software implementation and custom application / system design. Our Package Service Areas includeOracle, SAP, Salesforce and Workday.
Today's consulting industry is very dynamic, creating an environment that is fast-paced and challenging. Every project incorporates different skills and technologies, providing an excellent opportunity to experience and learn from a wide scope of Deloitte services. As an yst on our team, you are exposed to complex business issues from avariety of clients. The major industries in which we serve are Energy and Resources, Manufacturing, Consu usiness, Financial Services, Public Sector, Telecommunication & Technology. Your journey with us will represent a rich and rewarding experience, with the opportunity for a long term career.
Our Technology Consulting group provides a range of services, below are some examples ofthe types of work we do:
• Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract and maximize our client’s business values from ITinvestments. We provide advisory through end-to-end implementation services aswell as outsourcing advisory services and are recognized in the marketplace forcapabilities across the spectrum.
• Provide systems implementation services to our clients to help drive technological change to support our clients through organizational transformations. Our projects typically span the spectrum from project concept and visioning to standard and agile development delivery to the deployment of critical applications.
• Provide services that focus on one of our clients’ most important assets — information. We help organizations actively manage their costs and margins by empowering clients to deploy technology and processes that enable efficient management and delivery of actionable information. Businesses today are creating and capturing more information than ever before – but that can make their challenge harder, not easier.
• We offer application support and maintenance, remote development, continuous improvement, database management, infrastructure management, help desk services, and advisory services.
• Provide services dedicated to helping organizations along the Customer’sJourney. This means maximizing the value of every touch point across all Digitaland traditional Channels, for Marketing, Sales, Service and other front officebusiness functions. Our practice is actively engaged in driving innovative solutions for our clients across all Digital Channels and platforms such as Salesforce, Oracle CX and Microsoft Dynamics.
• Provide system implementation and advisory services to our clients to help drive the most value ontheir implementation of ERP solutions, from SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards,Workday, etc. Our Enterprise Applications practices provides solutions to our clients that address manufacturing, financial, human resources, customer relationship management, supply chain, student administration and other functional system needs throughout the enterprise.
• We’re all more connected, more informed, more interactive. To help our clients drive the most value from the connected and interactive world, we offer a full set of Digital servicesfrom strategy, creative, business services and implementation services.
Successful candidates demonstrate an interest in their selected service line and will have the following attributes:
• Graduating by September 2017 with an Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Math, Commerce, ERP-related program (i.e. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Salesforce.com), or other relevant Degree
• An exemplary record of achievement in school both academically and in extracurricularactivities
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability towork with others effectively in teams Demonstrated interest in technology and/ordemonstrated interest in Management and Enterprise Applications consulting
• Technical aptitude
• Creative ability to conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions
• Proven ytical and problem-solving skills
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and Technical Architecture
• Experienced with translating high-level design to detailed specifications
• Exposure to the full software development lifecycle
• Must be legally able towork in Canada
• Canadian travel required and occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Personnel Security Standard:
Due to thenature of our work, employees in the Ottawa consulting practice will be required to obtain “reliability” and/or “Secret” level federalsecurity clearances as a condition of their employment. Typically, to be eligible for a "Reliability" level of security clearance with the federal government, you must have resided in Canada for the last e (5) years and to be eligible for "Secret" level of security clearance, you must haveresided in Canada for the last ten (10) years. The process usually involves reference inquiries, verification of qualifications, criminal records checks, and credit checks (as required) and may require fingerprints. For more information about obtaining a security clearance, pleaseclick here.
If you do not wishto obtain the above required security clearances, we encourage you to apply forroles in other areas or offices within Deloitte where this level of security clearance is not required. Pleaseclick herefor a list of our currentopportunities.
Only complete applications can be considered, please ensure to includethe following:
• Please submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript
Application Deadline: September 23, 2016
This role isbased out of Ottawa, Ontario. Please ensure the posting you are applying to, aswell as your ‘Preferred Work Location’ directly reflects where youare interested in starting your career.
Please note:this is a campus job posting targeting individuals currently inpursuit of a post-secondary degree (or related), or individuals having completedtheir education within past 12 months.
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further. To find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our peopleto be the very best they can be – so they can make an impact that matters.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working providing our people with the tools to make an impact that matters.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one ofCanada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combineindustry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principledsolutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stagesof the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensureyour accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17942-en_US/business-technology- yst-technology-ottawa-new-grad-2017