Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
The Planning and Project Services team within ITS (Information Technology Services department) requires a Senior Manager, Portfolio Management to work closely with various leaders across Deloitte’s technology and business organizations as a trusted advisor, assisting in the advancement of Project Portfolio Management within the firm. The planning and project services office provides leadership in the design, development and execution of technology strategy to ensure business satisfaction and overall organizational growth.
- Management of various project portfolios and programs
- Plays an advisory liaison role between client and technology teams
- Develop a deep understanding of service/business group strategies in order to understand priorities within current project portfolio
- Assist sponsors indeveloping business cases, value and benefit realization plans
- Supportthe definition of a technology strategy and, technology future state to meet theneeds of the business
- Identification of portfolio level risks, cross-portfolio dependencies and, resolve issues and competing priorities within the portfolio
- Gather and yze portfolio information relevant to further developing, refining and maintenance of the Deloitte technology strategy
- Support the annual and ongoing intake prioritization and do entation of requeststhat are aligned to the client’s priorities while also considering ITS resources and other initiatives
- Work closely with business leaders to understand the people, processes, and technology that enable the firm's businesscapabilities as part of the project request submission process
- Plan andcoordinate meetings, conduct interviews and runs working sessions with various business stakeholders
- Serve as escalation point for change requests unresolved by projects and, attends steering committees
- Develops and owns keyportfolio deliverables such as portfolio roadmaps, account plans, project initiation do ents and other necessary tools to enable decision-making and projectdelivery transition
External Posting Qualifications
- University degree in business, information technology, or equivalent educational or professionalexperience and/or qualifications
- Minimum of 8+ years in business strategy and/or managing projects or leading work streams focused towards enabling a business strategy
- At least 5 years’ experience in Portfolio Management or related role (e.g. managing and prioritizing initiatives to implement business strategy)
- Strong expertise required in portfolio and project riskassessment
- 6+ years of IT project management services delivery experience preferred
- Experience interacting with senior management, including C level executives
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Experience working with a matrix organization, and effective consensus building skills
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills
- Strong ytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Able to work under constantly changing conditions andtight deadlines
- Ability to work closely with both business and technicalresources at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, motivated, innovative
- Ability to influence, negotiate and be diplomatic.
- Knowledge of trends/marketplace as it pertainsto technology.
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency with Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project. Enterprise Project Management and/or ServiceNow Portfolio Management would be an asset
- Process engineering and mapping would be an asset
- Understanding of project and program management principles and frameworks would be anasset
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint collaboration tools would bean asset
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that beingthe undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiatedtalent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional servicesfirms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services acrossCanada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent,practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career tothe next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under therespective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for aninterview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17162-en_US/senior-manager-portfolio-management