Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
A career in Consulting will offeryou the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challengingenvironment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
- Growth - How do we achieve X% growth / profitability?
- Maximizing Potential - How do we maximize thepotential of our business?
- Market Strategies - Should we actuallybe in this market or should we enter a new market?
- Customer Strategies - What customers should we target? How should we segment our customers?
- Channel Distribution Strategy – How do interact with our customers? How should we take our product and services to market?
- Sales Effectiveness - How should we structure our sales force to build customer relationshipsand best serve customer needs?
- Business Development - How do we build a growth oriented and profitable insurance company? What do we need to do to build it?
- Innovation – what are the opportunities in the market for new partnerships? How do we respond or leverage the disruption in themarket?
Senior Manager (Insurance) Position:
At Monitor Deloitte, Senior Managers are leaders within the practice – principally responsible for business development and overall project deliveryleadership. As a Senior Managers you are expected to:
- Possess deep Insurance industry knowledge and skill expertise such that you are viewed both internally and externally as subject matter adviser
- Contribute to the practice’s distinct culture as organizational role models
- Manage a diverse team of talented consultants while coaching them to their highest potential
- Cultivate and build relationships with clients in the insurance industry, primarily in Canada
- Lead the planning and delivery of projects for insurance companies to develop strategy and/or improve operations andperformance
- Employ a structured approach to project management toensure project delivery, complete client satisfaction and project profitability
- Play an internal role in firm management, supporting practice andeminence-building initiatives and actively work on Business Development
External Posting Qualifications
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates w mbody and have a track record in the following areas:
- A strong academic record with MBA or comparable graduate degree strongly preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience advising to or in an Insurance environment
- Must havea strong background, experience, and expertise in the Insurance industry (Preferably P&C Insurance) with strong knowledge of and point-of-views on Insurance market trends, competitor environment, corporate and business strategy
- Deep knowledge of Insurance Operations in one or more areas of Sales, Underwriting, Policy Servicing or Claims strongly preferred
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through complex engagements
- Prior consulting experience with a focus on Insurance Industry is a very strong asset
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, ytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver the fullcycle of project management accountabilities
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, hypothesis and solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, do entation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving beyond current project
- Experienced in business development
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada - Canadian travel required,occasional international travel
- The ability to enter the USA and work onclient assignments is an asset
- The ability to enter the EU and other developed countries is an asset
Thank you in advance for your interest. Please be advised that we will only be contacting selected candidates who will be invited to interview.
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’tcut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead atevery point in their career. With the power of our global network and reach, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community. Once Deloitte always Deloitte.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’sall possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusiveemployer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applicationsfrom all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitmentand selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibilityneeds are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relatingto accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for aninterview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/16705-en_US/senior-manager-insurance-strategy