Job Type:Temporary ContractPrimary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
Please note that this isa 12 month term position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the operations of the Firm’s Engagement Pricing and Financial Management (EFM) and Engagement Profitability processes and tools. In this role, the Operations and Special Projects Manager, the candidate will work closely with business representatives from the Services, Finance leadership, ITS,and other process Operational teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working under the guidance of the Director of Special Projects:
- Ensure the current capabilities (policies, processes, tools) of EFM are maintained and continuously improved. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Ensure rates/costs are complete and accurate
- Operationalize and enhance the Firm’s pricing tool(s)
- Deliverthe performance of EFM processes and recommend/design process improvements
- Proactively identify operational issues (e.g. user adoption, process, technical, etc.) and recommend resolutions to Finance leadership and business
- Monitor and report EFM KPIs and proactively inform Finance leadership and business
- Drive improvements and changes
- Develop/Ensure EFM training content is up to date and work jointly with the business to have it delivered effectively
- Standardize process within Finance, share best practices, understand/ yze business challenges, and collaboratively identify and implement solutions
- Do ent and maintain EFM policies
- Champions EFMbest practices and processes across the Firm
- Focus on EFM consistency across the businesses and integration with risk, sales, and other Firm processes
- Lead or be actively involved in projects (from the Finance function), toenhance or deploy new EMF capabilities in the Firm
- Scopes and prioritizes EFM changes with business representatives and facilitates consensus with them
- Acts as the Finance representative in the delivery of EFM changes
- Once operationalized, responsible for the change management, training and usersupport strategy to drive EFM adoption in the Firm
- Build andmaintain strong working relationships with Finance colleagues, business stakeholders, and other teams in the Firm
- Constantly drive engagement profitability
- CPA or MBA
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 6-10 years of experience in operationalizing profitability process solutions in operational/continuous improvement setting
- Collaborative team leadership with a proven track record in effectively leading, managing, motivating and inspiring others
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment that is detailed oriented, highly organized with strong problem solving, business ysis, communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of data ytics and applying it todrive decision making
- Ability to work effectively in a highly complex, matrixed partnership and work closely with all levels of a project team
- Proven experience with identifying improvement opportunities, defining and implementing new processes
- Ability to confirm objectives and drive them according to plan with a minimum oversight
- Ability to present complex findingsin a clear and concise manner (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated abilityto multitask, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability tohandle ambiguity and rapid change
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid understanding of business process design and business ysis approaches and tools
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft technology (Office, SharePoint)
- Engagement pricing and engagement financial management experience in professional services firm(s)
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will youmake?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energyto drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make animpact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their owncareers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
&#8220;Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit,tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, wecombine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principledsolutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And letyour story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated tobuilding a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation willbe addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for theirinterest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17450-en_US/finance-operations-and-special-projects-manager