Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
As a Consultant you will:
- Work in a collaborative team yzing client issues and developing solutions
- Author presentations and present findings to clients
- Support peers, management and manage parts of client engagements
- Prioritize objectives and contribute to operations planning and status reporting
As a Middleware Consultant you will be working on supporting the architecture, design, build and implementation of mission-critical SOA/integration solutions using the IBM WebSphere suite of middleware products. This may include supporting or leading client workshops and develop (hands-on) architecture and design deliverables, as well as providing high-availability high-performance SOA/integration solutions to production enhancements and defects fixes.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide production support to the ESB/MQ environments through yzing Production logs and proactively identify any potential incidents, defects or problems.
- Participate in production major incidents, troubleshoot issues, assist in restoring the service ASAP and handle Root cause ysis.
- Handle Problems Root cause ysis in highly available solutions.
- Design, develop & unit test enhancements and fixes to production based onbusiness priority.
- yze, design, and deploy message models using theIBM WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit.
- Design, develop, test, debug, anddeploy message flows from predefined patterns as well as by using Java methods,ESQL and other languages, stored procedures, graphical mapping tools, and pattern features.
- Transform messages by using mappings. Design and develop associated maps using XPath functions.
- Create and work with the self-defining Extended Markup Language (XML), predefined, and undefined data formats.
- Extend WebSphere Message Broker functionality by using WebSphere Adapters and both user-written and off-the-shelf plug-ins.
- Design and set up the required WebSphere MQ infrastructure including message groups, queue manager clusters, and publish/subscribe.
- Support all of the above in a fast-paced, high pressure environment by triaging and resolving defects and supporting their deployment into the Production environment
- Apply ITIL based methods to provide high quality resolutions to incidents and problems
External Posting Qualifications
Key Technical & Ability Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience required
- 4 years in MQ (version 6/7) and Message Broker (version 7/8 or above) Operations.
- Basic WMB administration experience.
- Proficiency with Message BrokerRuntime on UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Experience with SOAP, HTTP broker protocols.
- Hands-on experience in message flow problem diagnosis and investigations.
- Experience in yzing functional requirements and creating technical detailed design artifacts.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in resolving complex application, data and infrastructure issues.
- Broad experience in web services/SOA distributed applications including WebSphere Integration products (WMB, MQ, ESB, DataPower)
- Ability to collaborate with otherinfrastructure engineers, service operations, architects, and project managerson application server design, configuration, and performance issues.
- Excellent and written communication skills.
- Strong ytical, investigation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to be proactive and drive results to exceed on customer expectations.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations and adapt to possible changing priorities.
- Ability to workon numerous activities concurrently.
- Proactive and self-starter attitude towards successfully completing objectives.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Financial / Insurance business domains.
- Experience creating UML diagrams, Archimate modeling notation using Sparx Enterprise Architect is a great asset
- SOA Certified Professional ideal
- ITIL Foundations Certification or above ideal
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentlessenergy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique waysof reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experiencethat empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work andto grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impactthat matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providingaudit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selectionprocess. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance fortheir interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17841-en_US/applications-management-services-middleware-consultant-ibm-esb-message-broker-mq