Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
A career in Consulting within Applications Managed Services will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work ina fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop enhancements solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients.
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
As a Consultant you will:
- Work in acollaborative team yzing client issues and developing solutions
- Author presentations and present findings to clients
- Support peers, management and manage parts of client engagements
- Prioritize objectives and contribute to operations planning and status reporting
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide production support to Big Data ytics environments through yzing Production logs and proactively identify any potential incidents, defects or problems.
- Participate in production major incidents, troubleshoot issues, and assist in restoring the service
- Handle Problems Root cause ysis in highly available solutions.
- Design, develop & unit test enhancements and fixes to production based on business priority.
- yze, design, and deploy fixes & enhancements on Big Data ytics platformsusing different JAVA technologies.
- Experience in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, data modeling and management techniques.
- Responsible of designing, developing & supporting internal and external SOAP/RESTFUL data integration points.
- Support all of the above in a fast-paced, high pressure environment by triaging and resolving defects and supporting their deployment into the Production environment
- Apply ITIL basedmethods to provide high quality resolutions to incidents and problems
External Posting Qualifications
Key Technical & Ability Requirements for Success:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in ComputerScience, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 4 years of experience in Java Programming: J2EE, Web Services and JMS.
- Experience in using Unix/Linux.
- Experience in Hadoopadministration & utilities.
- Experience in development of enterprisesoftware applications.
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms designand distributed computing.
- Knowledge of ETL processes and Pentaho products.
- Design, configure and support integration components for BigData ytics products
- Will work with client subject matter experts andbusiness ysts, Design, develop production enhancements and defects fixes.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in resolving complex application, data and infrastructure issues.
- Ability to collaborate with other infrastructure engineers, service operations, architects, and project managers.
- Excellent and written communication skills.
- Strong ytical, investigation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to be proactive and drive results to exceed on customer expectations.
- Ability to deal with challenging situations and adapt to possible changing priorities.
- Ability to workon numerous activities concurrently.
- Proactive and self-starter attitudetowards successfully completing objectives.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Financial /Insurance business domains.
- Knowledge of Feedzai, Hadoop and HBase
- Experience creating UML diagrams
- ITIL Foundations Certification or above ideal
- Experience with Production support.
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to driveand push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching ourshared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn,and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Leada team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte isone of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutionsthey need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
LetDeloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your storyunfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to buildinga diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest;however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17842-en_US/applications-management-services-consultant-data- ytics