Location: Edmonton, AB, CAN
* Responsible for development and implementation of the environmental mgmt program on a light rail transit project in Edmonton, Canada.
* Provides technical oversight of the project and iquest;s environmental compliance activities including integration of environmental requirements into project designs, subcontract bid specifications, construction plans, and schedules.
* Works directly w/ other project:level functional leads to assist them w/ addressing environmental requirements in their work products and activities.
* Interfaces w/client and regulatory personnel regarding environmental compliance, reporting, and permitting.
* Maintains field inspection, monitoring, and auditing programs consistent w/ISO 14001 concepts of leadership and continuous improvement.
* Ten years of exp in environmental and project mgmt, including 2 yrs in an urban setting
* Exp as an environmental manager or equivalent on at least one large:scale infrastructure project in north america
* Exp w/industry standards for environmental compliance, including iso 14001 systems, and practices for evaluating and minimizing potential environmental impacts
* Field exp in construction:related environmental issues and mitigation practices
* Exp interpreting and applying environmental laws/regulations, interfacing w/regulatory agencies, and managing
* Permitting processes and responsibilities exp w/sustainability principles, social issues associated w/large projects, and community relations
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Helps develop and implement the project:level environmental management program, including the Environmental Management System compliant w/ ISO 14001 and project contract requirements
* Oversees and directs all aspects of the project and iquest;s environmental program, including development and implementation of all plans and monitoring to assure compliance
* Provides assistance to PM regarding compliance w/project environmental requirements
* Coordinates and provides technical assistance to, project:assigned functional leads regarding project:specific environmental requirements
* Interfaces w/client personnel, project team members, and
contractors/subcontractors to advise them of environmental requirements and best practices that may affect project design, construction, or schedule
* Provides technical support and assistance directly to construction supervision and subcontractors in planning and executing field activities in accordance w project and iquest;s environmental rqmt
* Prepares scopes of work for environmental subcontractors and oversees their tasks and work products
* Prepares and reviews environmental do entation for suitability, acceptability, and on:time delivery as required
* Prepares or reviews Environmental Compliance Plans, project:specific mitigation plans, and technical reports
* Tracks environmental compliance w/ approved plans, laws/regulations, permits, and contract requirements Helps prepare permit do ents and interfaces w/regulatory agencies regarding site inspections and permit acquisition and close:out
* Conducts environmental compliance inspections and field monitoring of project activities to assess and do ent compliance w/environmental requirements (contractual commitments, permits, plans, etc.)
* Prepares and gives environmental awareness training
* Prepares sustainability do entation
* Carries out or participates in audits of environmental performance and advises on corrective actions
* Maintains records associated w/all environmental:related
* BS Degree in life or physical sciences or environmental engineering
Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.
Since 1970, we have been bringing the energy industrys people and projects together. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we strive to be the premier choice for energy job opportunities around the world. We are industry experts
Location: Edmonton, AB, CAN