Area of Interest: Retail
Brand/Division: Williams:Sonoma Canada
Position Type: Full:time
Founded in 1956, Williams:Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high:quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams:Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams:Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully:designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. Weve seen some big changes since our first brick:and:mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasnt changed is our passion for high:quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, were a multi:brand, multi:channel, global enterprise supported by state:of:the:art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing : and were always looking for new energy and ideas.
Job Purpose: Lead overall store operations and profitability with responsibility for achieving sales, payroll, and operating contribution results. Hire, develop and inspire a top:performing store team who drive the business and exceed customer expectations. Champion company initiatives, ensuring timely execution of short and long term retail strategy and action plans. Hold team accountable for upholding brand values, standards and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop and execute strategy to drive sales and build customer loyalty through store programs including but not limited to; networking, culinary classes and events, credit card, gift registry and community outreach.
* Model exemplary service and ensure managers perform effective floor supervision to drive sales while maintaining exceptional customer service and visual presentation.
* Recognize and motivate associates to build loyal customer relationships.
* Train and motivate all associates through on:going programs in sales, customer service and product knowledge.
* Prepare associates for increased levels of responsibility, using individual development plans and Division of Responsibility assignments.
* Maximize team and individual performance through consistent coaching and feedback using performance management processes.
* Actively network, interview, select and on:board associates.
* Build positive working relationships with store team, District Manager and brand partners to clarify priorities, share business insight and best practices.
* Communicate openly to create an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
* Forecast and adjust monthly payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload.
* Assess store metrics and associate behaviors to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
* Plan and delegate key initiatives. Collaborate with team to anticipate challenges and re:assess changing
* Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met including; workplace safety, risk management, merchandise management, and loss prevention.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
* 4 + years management experience in specialty retail and/or multi:unit retail business environment.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS systems.
* Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
* Availability to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Ability to lift and mobilize