Primary Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations:Calgary; Vancouver
External Posting Description
Deloitte’s Performance Enhancement Advisory ("PEA") team providescritical advice and hands-on support to clients looking to quickly bolster theirperformance to new levels, respond to urgent transactions and address criticalsituations. We provide value to our clients by developing clear options and determining the best course of action to move forward, including "in the details" execution support. The type of projects the team works on include:
- Performance improvement and turnaround planning / ysis
- Cost reduction and working capital optimization
- Identification andplanning for market / product growth opportunities
- Commercial due diligence and market ysis
- Pre-divestiture performance improvement assessments
- Assistance with business model transitions / transformations
About the role
Be part of a dynamic andmulti-disciplinary team of experienced practitioners w njoy solving complex performance, market and commercial challenges faced by our clients, whether theybe in a thriving or distressed situation. The self-driven Senior Manager will beresponsible for delivering outstanding outcomes for a range of local, nationaland international clients.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Lead teams of any size on PEA client projects against ourcommitments to project scope, quality of service, value-added contribution, cost, risk and timely delivery
- Have the capability to work across several /all of our project areas listed above
- Own and lead the content of our client engagements – including hypotheses generation, shaping yses, devising work plans, structuring recommendations, prioritize effort and resolve delivery obstacles for the team – demonstrating and leveraging your expertisein having "been there / done that" before
- Provide your technical and ytical expertise to guide the client team towards superior decisionsbased on "irrefutable" facts and logically sound argumentation
- Drive business development activities, including identifying and qualifying opportunities, developing winning bid strategies and preparing / submitting proposal do ents
- Identify and development new service offerings and implement them on engagements
- Actively promote PEA capabilities internally and externally
- Assist with the development, management and leadership of thegrowing PEA practice
- Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusivework environment
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients at senior levels and be responsible for ensuring a high degree of client satisfaction withour engagements
- Possess a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies
- Employ a structured approach to project management and facilitation to ensure complete client satisfaction, project profitability and risk management
- Actively perform and promote peer-reviews and other quality activities to be continuously improve our quality and raise the bar
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
- Coach and mentor other practitioners to their highest potential
External Posting Qualifications
- The successful candidates will have the following credentials or attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of approximately 8 - 10 years of related work experience
- Professional designation(s) and / or Masters level university education is an asset;
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities (project problem diagnosis,solution development, client communications, storyboarding, facilitation of decision making, do entation, managing client expectations, project profitability,risk identification and mitigation and team leadership);
- Experienced in business development (opportunity generation, pursuit and sales close) and building a practice
- Strong external consulting or advisory experience,especially in the design, execution and delivery of projects in the earlier noted client project service areas
- Solid core consulting skill-set, including hypothesis-based problem solving skills, ytical rigor and discipline andsuperior structured communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables)
- Strong market, financial and commercial a en, including ability and depth working with and understanding financial information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams with limited oversight;strong networking capabilities to support our services internally or externally
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead clients through the discovery of insights
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Ability to effectively team and work in a dynamic, start-up/ entrepreneurial environment; willingness to contribute to the development ofinternal processes and procedures
- Flexibility and adaptability regardingwork assignments, including willingness and ability to travel (some Canadian travel may be required, occasional international travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments)
- Solid industry knowledgein the following sectors would be desirable but not required: Retail, Consu usiness, Consumer Packaged Goods, Restaurants, Lottery & Gaming, Tourism & Hospitality, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Mining, Energy & Resources
- Lean Six Sigma certification considered an asset
- Successful candidates must be committed to staying abreast of cutting-edge industry andsubject matter knowledge.
JoinDeloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform atthe highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a trulydifferentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s workplace of the future is a unique workspace that strengthens connections and inspires innovative ways of working.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to buildinga diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest;however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/13731-en_US/senior-manager-performance-enhancement-advisory-calgary-or-vancouver