Primary Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All Available Locations:Calgary; Edmonton; Vancouver
External Posting Description
As Manager, Sourcing & Procurement in the Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations Consulting practice, you will actively prioritize and manage the following key activities and responsibilities.
- Lead best-in-class Sourcing & Procurement assessments and transformations
- Lead collaborative engagement teams through the development as well as implementation of Sourcing & Procurement strategies and solutions
- Recommend innovative solutions to clients based on industry and functional expertise
- Author client deliverables and present findings at the senior client level
- Work collaboratively with client personnel, leveraging theirresources and knowledge to achieve project goals and complete deliverables on-time
- Cultivate and manage relationships at the client leadership level
- Provide clear and concise status updates and assist the leadership team with managing project risks
- Identify sales opportunities and lead the development of proposals to assist clients in improving their supply chain performance
- Contribute to practice thought leadership and service development
- Coach and develop practice staff on client engagements and through formal coaching
- Continuously improve professional skills through a variety of Deloitte and external training courses
- Participate in firm recruiting events to help the practice attract highly talented team members
External Posting Qualifications
- 7-10 years of Sourcing & Procurement related work experience is preferred
- Project-based experience is an asset
- Previous consulting experience, as an internal or external consultant, is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in some of the key Sourcing & Procurement focusareas such as:
- Strategic Sourcing
- Category Management
- Procurement Transformation
- Spend ysis
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- RFx Development
- Supplier Negotiations
- Contract Development & Management
- Supplier Performance & Relationship Management
- Supplier Risk Management
- Experience withthe leading Source-to-Contract and Procure-to-Pay technology is an asset
- Experience in energy & resources, public sector or manufacturing industriesis desirable
- Strong ytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Proven ability to deliver on project management accountabilities in a cross functional environment
- Experienced with diagnosis of problems, development of solutions, facilitation of decision making, do entation, client communication, managing expectations, project profitability as well as team leadership
- Ability to anticipate the long term, multifunctional impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Prior Business/Engineering/Mathematics/Computer Science undergraduate studies advantageous
- Graduate studies in Business orSupply Chain Management related specializations preferred
- MBA or P. Eng. designation highly desirable
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Extensive travel in Canada and USA may be required
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find newavenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know thatbeing the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best theycan be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities todo meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools tohelp you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possibleat Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understandingof today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selectedfor an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/19065-en_US/manager-sourcing-procurement-supply-chain-manufacturing-operations-consulting