Primary Location:Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Ottawa
External Posting Description
The role of the Paraprofessional is to provide senior-level administrative support, typically for threeto e Partners. The individual is expected to work alongside their Partners to proactively support the management of the Partners’ practices. The Paraprofessional must be detail oriented, anticipatory, organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing confidential information.
The Paraprofessional will provide direct administrative support for the Partners which includes calendar management, drafting correspondence, email monitoring, expense reporting, travel arrangements and reporting using the firm’s resources/software.
The Paraprofessional will also possess a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of practice support and market development. This support includes tracking, driving and coordinating end-to-end client deliverables and marketplace activities.
A Paraprofessional provides an elevated level of administrative support according to the needs of the specific Partners assigned. This roleincludes, but is not limited to, the following primary duties:
- Represent the Partner in a professional and confident manner, in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Proactively manage the Partner's schedule with respect to client events and business-related activities, with minimal input and direction
- Handle work-related matters on behalf of – and alongside – the Partner, some of which are highly confidential in nature
- Proactively drive the client life cycle with primary responsibility for meeting client deadlines with quality deliverables
- Anticipate business and client service needs, demonstrating resourcefulness and critical thinking
- Develop business a en in order to anticipateinternal and external client needs (e.g., independently anticipate the next step in a process, prompt the client, be resourceful and one step ahead)
- Actively develop knowledge of our external clients (i.e., market intelligence) inorder to enable high-quality client deliverables and focus on proactively enhancing service excellence
- Identify opportunities to be a brand ambassador by building strong relationships with the Partner’ ternal clients, marketing and account support teams, so that access to clients can be expedited via these positive relationships
- Work collaboratively, leveraging appropriatefirm resources (e.g., One Team and other shared services) to manage, own and minimize administrative tasks for the Partner
- Coordinate, support and contribute to a variety of special projects for the Partner and/or service line
- Coordinate and attend internal/external meetings as requested to do ent action items for independent follow up
- Support the agile workplace including location and reservation of appropriate space and other required resources
- Flexibility and accessibility after hours is a requirement
External Posting Qualifications
- Bilingual in English and ;
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting multiple executives, in a professional, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Exceptional commitment to client service and continuous improvement;
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, research and problem-solving skills;
- Effective decision-making ability;
- Confident communication and active listening skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role;
- Flexibility to work overtime, when required;
- Computer savvy; ability to become proficient with various software applications specific to the firm’s needs. Advanced level knowledge ofMicrosoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat. Nice to have: Aderant and CRM.
Join Deloitte and bring back that loving feeling. And love the company you keep.
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won’t cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a truly differentiated Talent Experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunitiesto do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. With the power of our global network and reach, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community. Once Deloitte always Deloitte.
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will beaddressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/19265-en_US/senior-administrative-assistant-paraprofessional-ottawa