PeaceHealth is seeking a
Pharmacy Technician for a
full time equivalent
Non:Exempt position. This position will be working
Day shift with shift durations of
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations. May perform receiving and stores clerk functions.
: Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
: Answer telephones when appropriate and within legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
: Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
: Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
: Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
: Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
: Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
: Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
: Data enters patient charges and credits.
: Check in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
: Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
: Performs other duties as assigned.
Click here for details
* High school diploma or equivalent required. (See section below for varied requirements by state.)
* Minimum of one years experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems preferred.
* Demonstrated customer service skills.
* See section below for varied state requirements.
* Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
* Good mathematical and ytical skills
* Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
* Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
* Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
* Current state of Alaska Pharmacy Technician license required.
Please apply online to be considered.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not:for:profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi:specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship : the spirit of health.