Primary Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations:Vancouver
External Posting Description
The Business Operations group is seeking an Administrative Supervisor for our Vancouver office. The Administrative Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day supervisory activities, which include, but are not limited to, the following primary duties:
- Conduct performance management of the Business Operations team members, such as: ongoing talent management and active participation in the Performance Management program. It is the responsibility of the supervisor to ensure staff havemet the requirements of the performance management process.
- Liaise withTalent regarding recruitment efforts by refining position descriptions, interviewing candidates and delivering new hire orientation to successful candidates.
- Identify and monitor necessary training for staff which may include delivery of various training sessions and rollout of appropriate tools.
- Liaisewith ECS Senior Managers and Partners regarding scope of work, staff performance and sufficiency of support coverage.
- Monitor achievement and completion of learning curricula for team members.
- Manage leave requests (e.g., vacation, parental), overtime and timesheets. Arrange appropriate coverage for seamless client service delivery.
- Collaborate with Regional Operations Leader (ROL) to drive process improvements, identify opportunities for standardization, and promote sharing of best practices.
- Chair periodic meetings withstaff to foster continuous improvement, knowledge sharing and team-building.
- Actively participating in National One Team, Paraprofessional and other Business Operations-related meetings.
- Actively building relationships andact as an ambassador with our internal clients. This includes soliciting feedback from clients to identify additional services that One Team and Paraprofessionals can offer.
- Oversee the procurement of supplies, services and assets,including liaising with suppliers.
- Oversee records management and provide guidance to the Records Coordinator to ensure compliance with Deloitte retention and destruction policies.
- Provide technical guidance and direction tothe Business Operations team to ensure high-quality delivery of services to internal and external clients.
- Maintain overall health, safety and securityof office and staff; ensure that emergency plans, manuals and contact lists areprepared and maintained.
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manager role, preferably within a complexprofessional services work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a demonstrated ability to provide leadership to administrative teams which may be located remotely.
- Experience at building relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Effective skillsets in the areas of organization, priority and time management and problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingualism, English and , written and spoken, is an asset.
- Advanced level knowledge of common industry software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, as well as Deloitte-resident packages, such as Aderant and CRM.
- Strong reporting and ytical skills (e.g., for productivity and utilization yses).
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role.
- Flexible hours to meet business needs; working in alternate locations may be required.
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to driveand push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching ourshared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn,and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Leada team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte isone of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutionsthey need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
LetDeloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your storyunfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to buildinga diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest;however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/18804-en_US/administrative-supervisor