Pre:Board Screening Officer
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering security screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
Our officers are tasked with protecting air travelers by screening them and their belongings, while exhibiting the highest degree of vigilance in challenging cir stances. Our officers undergo rigorous specialized training up to 180 hours, both in class and on:the:job in order to acquire CATSA Screening Officer certification.
We are currently recruiting Pre:Board Screening Officers for the Edmonton International Airport, on a Part:Time basis with opportunities for Full:time schedules once training is completed.
As a Screening Officer, you:
- Greet, direct and inform passengers through the screening process
- Efficiently process passengers, non:passengers and their baggage prior to their entry into the secured area of the airport
- Operate hi:tech screening devices (e.g., x:ray, walk:through metal detector, hand:held metal detector, full:body scanner, etc.)
- Manually conduct physical searches of persons and baggage, through direct contact or in close proximity with passengers
- Report and escalate incidents via pre:established communication channels
- Starting wage once certified to work independently: 22.30/hour
- Wage during the training process: 19.97/hour
- Training and career development opportunities
- Uniform is supplied
- Competitive employee benefit plan
- Unionized position
- Parking cost is 50; employees pay 18.38 per month
Ideal candidates possess
- Competence and ease with technology
- Strong communication, customer service and people skills
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and multi:task under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Accountability for their own actions and decisions
- Alert and detail:oriented
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Fluency in , spoken and written
- Previous experience in the security and aviation industries is an asset
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident status
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- No previous, non:pardoned criminal background
- At least one (1) year experience in customer service
- Available to work and commute day and night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
- Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time and lifting/pushing/pulling luggage and other heavy items (up to 22kg).
*Our officers must be able to obtain a Transportation Canada Security Clearance (RAIC) and a valid medical from CATSA, in addition to successfully completing the extensive training program.
The hiring process can take between 3 to 6 months to complete.
GardaWorld is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, ual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with selected candidates. You can apply only once within a 6:month period.
RAISING THE BAR