Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations:
External Posting Description 13;
Reporting to either our Montreal office, this level 1 yst is self:motivated, energetic, driven for success and results oriented. Knowledge of security monitoring, incident handling, security operations processes, threat management, professional services and the firm will help you to support delivery and execution of managed security services offered by Deloitte. The yst will also be a key player in building world:class security operations center that is aligned with our strategic direction and that helps the firm better deliver on new and existing engagements.
* Review security:related events, assessing risk and validity, and reporting of findings
* yze network traffic to assist in testing new signatures for production deployment to client environments
* yze additional log, forensic investigation procedures and protocols.
* Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards
* Facilitate use of technology:based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
Incident Response and Investigation:
* Log collection, incident and threat detection
* Advise and recommend on defensive strategies based on the clients existing technical security controls in relation to their current risk appetite.
* Evidence collection, threat and risk management
* Incident management methodologies
* Review security:related events, assessing severity, criticality and priority
* Monitor and report based on client SLAs with an emphasis on quality and accuracy.
Contribute to the SOC strategy by:
* Refining SOC organizational interface processes and procedures
* Ensuring SOC alignment with clients IT service management
* Assist the client with SOC strategic planning and process enhancements
External Posting Qualifications 13;
*A Bachelors Degree is a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science or Computer Engineering
*impecable communication skills in and English
Good working knowledge of:
*Server platforms (UNIX, Windows etc)
*Security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxy systems etc.
*Direct prior experience with either ArcSight, Q1 Labs, or RSA
*Prior experience as a SOC yst ideally working in a CIRT
*Good working knowledge of Linux system configuration
*Working toward industry certifications (CISSP/GIAC) are a strong asset
*Good understanding of System Development Lifecycle
*Prior experience with in a Security Operations Center
*Experience and/or knowledge of security and privacy enhancing technologies such as identity management, application security and network security technologies
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We're always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be : so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people withunlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte's newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you'll always be part of the Deloitte community.
"Once Deloitte, always Deloitte."