Primary Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations:Vancouver
External Posting Description
Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 7,600 people in 57 offices. Deloitte operates in Québec as Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche s.e.n.c.r.l. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario Limited Liability Partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
The Vancouver Financial Advisory services practice is currently searching for an yst or a Senior Associate to join our Corporate Financegroup. As an yst (Senior Associate), you will gain exposure to a number ofservices including:
- Mid-market divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, private debt & equity financings;
- Strategic and financial consulting;
- Financial modeling; and,
As an yst (Senior Associate) you will:
- Quickly develop an understanding of theclient business and its drivers, including ysis of historical performance,working capital, capital expenditures, forecasts and underlying assumptions
- Perform comprehensive financial and valuation ysis, including detailed financial modelling of pro forma transaction impacts, conduct reviews of financial models
- Prepare market do ents, including pitch materials, confidential offering memoranda, management presentations, fairness opinions and board presentations
- Conduct financial, business and industry due diligence to evaluate the risk/return parameters of a transaction
- Develop pitch presentations on actionable M&A opportunities
- Support Partners, Senior managers and Managers in their relationship management responsibilities, including interaction with current and prospective clients
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
- Leverage youreducation and experience to develop your understanding of our clients' business
External Posting Qualifications
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or MBA specializing in finance or accounting (orboth) with outstanding academic credentials
- Completion or progression toward an accounting designation (CPA), MBA, CBV or CFA is an asset but not a requirement
- 1-3 years for an yst (3-5 years for a Senior yst) of relevant work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, equity research, financial ysis.
- Proven ytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Attention to detail and strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Capital IQ)
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Some Canadian travel and occasional international travel may be required. Candidates should be able to enter the USA to workon client assignments
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will beaddressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17618-en_US/corporate-finance-senior-associate-vancouver